• Register Today It's free!

TIRES UPGRADE HELP!!!!!

EddieMo

Reaction score
City, State
La
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Explorer XLT 4x4
Looking to upgrade my tire size and width. I have a non-mod '96 4dr, 4WD with 15 inch wheels with standard 225/70r-15.

What's the largest tire size I can fit (proven, not optimistic) with the current wheels which I really like, after a 1 to 1.5 inch T/T lift and add a leafspring to level the truck off?.

If you have done any such mods, I would really like to hear from you. Look for more of A/T tire or All Season tire with a rouged look.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looking to upgrade my tire size and width. I have a non-mod '96 4dr, 4WD with 15 inch wheels with standard 225/70r-15.

What's the largest tire size I can fit (proven, not optimistic) with the current wheels which I really like, after a 1 to 1.5 inch T/T lift and add a leafspring to level the truck off?.

If you have done any such mods, I would really like to hear from you. Look for more of A/T tire or All Season tire with a rouged look.
i just fit 265/70r16's on mine with no trouble

Hey eddiemo, I have a 95 ex 4x4 four door and I put 32x11.5x15 dick cepek fun country. I also have crags soft 8 15x10 in deep. I did a 1 1/2" to 2" torsion twist and one more leaf spring and was happy with results. I did more mods since then and even happier. Any questions hit me up.

I've been running 33's on mine for a year now with no trouble with nothing but Shakles, TT and a 1" body lift.

Back