34 inch tires | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

34 inch tires

Reaction score
City, State
Keller Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport
Anybody know what the metric equivalent to a 34 inch tire would be with 15 inch wheels? i want to move up in size but 35 is to big and i want to go bigger than 33

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

315/75/15, but you will have a very hard time finding that size. You would be better off going with a 305/75/16. But you will need the 16" rims. So unless you really want 34's best to stick with the 33's and 15" rims.

Just curious, have you considered the super swamper 34x10.50? I was looking at them before I sold my Ranger. Now I have an Explorer. I think they would look awesome on your Ex.

Jerem0621

just go 35, just start cuttin and stuff em in lol

what size are you running right now width ways maybe run a 35 that has a small foot print if that where you see you rubbing?

Just curious, have you considered the super swamper 34x10.50? I was looking at them before I sold my Ranger. Now I have an Explorer. I think they would look awesome on your Ex.

Jerem0621

IMO they are too skinny and goofy looking, like running WWI jeep tires on a new truck

Just curious, have you considered the super swamper 34x10.50? I was looking at them before I sold my Ranger. Now I have an Explorer. I think they would look awesome on your Ex...

The Swamper LTB's are a great tire offroad, but won't last long if they see much pavement. You can fit them without to much cutting, and about 2-3" lift, but it'll take alot more "trimming" to be able to run them with no rub at all...

34x10.5 R17
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2045304&postcount=66

Oh yeah! That is what I'm talking about! They looked great on the Jeep Cherokees that I found online. I knew the would look great on an Explorer! I personally like a narrower tire on these midsize suvs. They don't overpower the look of the truck with tread. Plus they have to be easier on the axles.

Jerem0621

Back