• Register Today It's free!

Tires

Mikey Ebz

Reaction score
City, State
Long Beach, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
I’m looking 2 put BF All Terrains on my 2013 Explorer Sport.
1. Is it possible?
2. What size rim?
3. Do I need a lift?
Anyone with feedback would b greatly appreciated, ty

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Mikey. :wave:
Just buy them in the same size that you have now and you're good to go.

Peter

Okay, I think I see the problem. I believe you have 255/50R20 tires now and the All Terrain doesn't come in that size. Actually, non of the sizes they show on Tire Rack in the 20" are suitable for your vehicle. They all exceed the maximum diameter of 3% by quite a margin.
A 265/60R18 has a difference of only 1.6% and would be okay. You would have to get 18" wheels/rims. No lift needed.
Here is one in 20" but not BFG. Does anyone have Any Pics of A/T tires on 20 or 22 wheels?
And there is this thread; All Terrain / Off Road Tires

Peter

Welcome to the Forum Mikey. :wave:
Just buy them in the same size that you have now and you're good to go.

Peter
I have a 20” stock rim with low profile tires. Looking 2 put on an all terrain tire with rims that would fit in the wheel well. B/c it’s a sport, low suspension.

I have a 20” stock rim with low profile tires. Looking 2 put on an all terrain tire with rims that would fit in the wheel well. B/c it’s a sport, low suspension.
And ty 4 the welcome brother🤙

See my additional post above.

Okay, I think I see the problem. I believe you have 255/50R20 tires now and the All Terrain doesn't come in that size. Actually, non of the sizes they show on Tire Rack in the 20" are suitable for your vehicle. They all exceed the maximum diameter of 3% by quite a margin.
A 265/60R18 has a difference of only 1.6% and would be okay. You would have to get 18" wheels/rims. No lift needed.
Here is one in 20" but not BFG. Does anyone have Any Pics of A/T tires on 20 or 22 wheels?
And there is this thread; All Terrain / Off Road Tires

Peter
Peter, ty 4 the info. Greatly appreciated my man🤙

Back