TORQUE MONSTER Headers GROUP BUY | Page 28 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TORQUE MONSTER Headers GROUP BUY

I just got a call that my headers are being shipped.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey guys. Been busy using my Ex to tow my other toys around all summer and haven't been on since around June. I absolutely cannot believe that some guys haven't got their orders yet. I was expecting to come back and hear installation and performance stories, not horror stories. I really wish this had worked out better.

When did you place your order??

I'm not 100% sure. I had emailed them earlier in the year a couple times, and called at least once. I don't think my order actually went in until the day before the cutoff when I tried once more to "confirm" that they got my order to erica directly by text. That was on April 30th.

Well I know that the funds were removed on April 30th from my bank. I just hope to see mine soon..

Just picked up a box at the post office!

I got the headers. Ironically I'll probably have wait another 6 months to install them now that winter's here.

Alright, I know I am late in the game, but I finally finished getting my 2000 Explorer put back together and would like to know if I might be able to still place an order???

Also, how many have ordered? Was the price lowered from $709 for 99-01 explorers?

Thanks! (Again, sorry to be late to the party... really late :) )

im interested as well. i have tried several different exhaust setups on my 00 explorer. aggrivated at the lack of performance i can get naturally aspperated. im used to mustangs however and the power to weight ratio is way different even though my ex basically has the 93 cobra motor except for the p heads. anyway depending on the discount and time frame im in.

I stopped by Al's Headers yesterday and spoke with Al and Erica. Production is moving ahead. Headers will be available. I believe he will try to move up production this coming year 2014. Thank you all... and Happy New Year!

Robert Pasquale
Tech Performance & Engineering

Since there should be a number of you that have already installed these, what spark plug wires or input for selecting spark plug wire would you give?

I am personally leaning towards the ceramic ended ones, but just looking to get an idea of what people actually ended up using.

Am I the only one still waiting for their headers? I got in at the end of the group buy; paid my deposit on May 1st. I've tried to text and email Erica numerous times and haven't heard squat back. Sad part is I've been through two explorers/mountaineers since I ordered these...sold the Ex they were originally for, picked up a Merc to build but changed my mind on that one and it will probably be sold this week, and I still don't have the headers. This is pretty sad...I at least deserve a response when I contact them, even if they were feeding me a line of bs.

Am I the only one still waiting for their headers? I got in at the end of the group buy; paid my deposit on May 1st. I've tried to text and email Erica numerous times and haven't heard squat back. Sad part is I've been through two explorers/mountaineers since I ordered these...sold the Ex they were originally for, picked up a Merc to build but changed my mind on that one and it will probably be sold this week, and I still don't have the headers. This is pretty sad...I at least deserve a response when I contact them, even if they were feeding me a line of bs.

Well if you end up not needing them. I could try an buy your set. As long as they will work on a 2000 motor.

Well if you end up not needing them. I could try an buy your set. As long as they will work on a 2000 motor.

I was getting early 97 w/internal EGR.

Well after a long wait, my header arrived yesterday and now I have a new problem. They do not fit the trick flow heads that I have. Bob went to great detail to use every little area around the factory heads to make them work. I just hate knowing that I am going to be spending more money to have to cut to make them fit.:( Does anyone know of a header shop that I could possibly use in the southern Louisiana?

Well after a long wait, my header arrived yesterday and now I have a new problem. They do not fit the trick flow heads that I have.

Please let us all know whats required to make them fit. I'd love a set of twisted wedge aluminum heads.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey this willard james would love to buy some of the torque monster headers

Everybody here has probably heard about Torque Monster headers for '97-'01 5.0 Explorers and Mounties. If you own one of these trucks you know that Ford totally dropped the ball with their own super restrictive OEM design. The Torque Monsters really wake up the 5.0. Great torque, better acceleration, better sound and better MPGs...plus they look awesome. The only problem, they're not cheap.
-For earlier model trucks '96-'97 1/2 (build date until 12/96) with internal EGR systems, the current price is $689.00 + $45.00 s/h.
-For '97 1/2-2001 (from build date 01/97 on) with external EGR, the current price is $789.00 + $45.00 s/h.

BUT I've been in contact with Al's Headers, the company that produces the Torque Monsters, and Al has agreed to give us a better deal if we were to place a GROUP ORDER. The amount of the discount will depend on the number of members who are interested. Once I have an idea of a number, I will be able to give you an amount.
I am thinking that for the next month we take names, determine who's serious, and then place an order at the beginning of February. Then we'll give Al the time to produce the headers, and come spring we're ready to install.

So, if you're interested in getting on the list for a set of Torque Monsters and saving a few bucks, let me know. Also include whether your truck is a pre 01/97 build date or later. Feel free to PM me also.

*If you're interested please PM me your first and last name, phone number, email address and the build date of your truck. If it's after '97 just the year will do. And by giving me your info doesn't mean that you're commited, but I do need it.

would love to buy some of the headers I put 2001 one mountaineer in 1998 ranger cant find no header to fit

Back