TORQUE MONSTER Headers GROUP BUY | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TORQUE MONSTER Headers GROUP BUY

Just decided to buy a set of these yesterday, so count me in for now. If the discount isn't much, I might have to order sooner though.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Handegard, I'll just need to know the build date of your truck.
And I'll know the amount of the discount on the 3rd and will keep everybody informed.

Handegard, I'll just need to know the build date of your truck.
And I'll know the amount of the discount on the 3rd and will keep everybody informed.

Yeah, I'll wait till the 3rd no problem, I'm out of town until the 4th anyway.

I'll go dig up my build date.

Torque monster

Guys, I usually hang on the FRF site but saw the group buy deal. If I could I would like to be in on this.

1999 explorer 5.0 in a 2002 Ranger. Count me in
My email address is richard.voyles07@comcast.net

My conversion has been up and running for about 8 months.

Thanks for doing the ground work-Rick

You're officially on the list. We're up to 21 guys so far so we should get a good deal, and yes, I'll know the prices by the 3rd when they get back from vacation. I'm not sure about headers for the Ranger but I'll definitely ask. I believe that there's a few threads on here about guys who have used Torque Monsters in Rangers with 5.0 swaps. You should check them out.
My girlfriend is from Wichita too and wants me to head down there with her to meet the family. Maybe I'll get to see your truck first hand one of these days.

Very nice! I would hope with 21+ sets of headers, they would hook us up with a pretty nice discount. Your girls from Wichita huh? small world! lol Well if your ever down this way, we will have to go do some good hot roddin!

26 guys and counting. I'm gonna make sure to get us a smoking deal on these headers. I'll keep everybody in the loop.

26 guys and counting. I'm gonna make sure to get us a smoking deal on these headers. I'll keep everybody in the loop.

Thanks for takin care of all the ground work for us!

Hey, it's my pleasure. It just didn't make any sense to me for us to be buying them individually if we could save some money by buying them together all at once.
I showed the list to my girlfriend today and she said "Oh God, there's actually another 25 guys out there just as crazy as you. I don't believe it."

I showed the list to my girlfriend today and she said "Oh God, there's actually another 25 guys out there just as crazy as you. I don't believe it."
HA HA! "They" don't get it...

Doing a 302 swap into my Ranger and I have heard nothing about good things about these headers. Put me in for a 96 set please!

Thed, the type of header is specific to your engine, not your year of your vehicle. Basically it is whether or not the headers need the EGR pipe for the later GT-40P heads and intake, or whether you are using the earlier GT-40 heads and intake.

Basically, it is emissions specific. If you are using a different head, you will have to contact them directly and see about the possibility of getting them welded with a different flange. I can't recall either if they fit the TTB frame... you might want to check about that.

Thed, the type of header is specific to your engine, not your year of your vehicle. Basically it is whether or not the headers need the EGR pipe for the later GT-40P heads and intake, or whether you are using the earlier GT-40 heads and intake.

Basically, it is emissions specific. If you are using a different head, you will have to contact them directly and see about the possibility of getting them welded with a different flange. I can't recall either if they fit the TTB frame... you might want to check about that.

Believe me I know that entirely. I have a 302 from an early '97 Explorer that is to be put in the Ranger. That is, after I completely over haul it and go gung-ho with upgrades (I can link to my build thread). I lucked out in finding a 302 that used the internal EGR system. That, and the AFR 185 heads and Performer RPM II intake have the internal EGR as well. I know what these are and I have looked into the EGR systems extensively to make sure that everything'll fit.

And don't worry about the frame, I can take care of that. These headers have earned a solid reputation and to get them new with a discount was an opportunity too good to pass up. This thread was linked to over at The Ranger Station and I headed over to check it out.

My 98 5.0 AWD Eddie Bauer Explorer has an exhaust leak. This might be an excellent time to install headers. If the discount is good I'll probably get a set. :D

Believe me I know that entirely. I have a 302 from an early '97 Explorer that is to be put in the Ranger. That is, after I completely over haul it and go gung-ho with upgrades (I can link to my build thread). I lucked out in finding a 302 that used the internal EGR system. That, and the AFR 185 heads and Performer RPM II intake have the internal EGR as well. I know what these are and I have looked into the EGR systems extensively to make sure that everything'll fit.

And don't worry about the frame, I can take care of that. These headers have earned a solid reputation and to get them new with a discount was an opportunity too good to pass up. This thread was linked to over at The Ranger Station and I headed over to check it out.

Not sure if you have made a cam selection yet, but going with the AFR 185s, and an RPM2 the TMHs WILL hold you back. Dont get me wrong, they are great headers, especially compared to the stock manifolds, but there are a LOT more options for the 97 and earlier TTB trucks. For less than 1/5th the price, you can install a set of tri-ys in a 96 and make MORE power, and torque. Just my .02 though, and whatever you go with, it will be badass!

Not sure if you have made a cam selection yet, but going with the AFR 185s, and an RPM2 the TMHs WILL hold you back. Dont get me wrong, they are great headers, especially compared to the stock manifolds, but there are a LOT more options for the 97 and earlier TTB trucks. For less than 1/5th the price, you can install a set of tri-ys in a 96 and make MORE power, and torque. Just my .02 though, and whatever you go with, it will be badass!

Cam is going to be a custom grind from COMP Cams. The goal is a 6500 RPM redline and the flattest torque curve possible. But as we all know that just can not happen. I have to talk to the guys more and see what they can do but as far as valvetrain is concerned hardened pushrods, stud-mount rockers and upgraded springs will be making its way on to the engine.

And yes I know about the Tri-Y's. That was actually the original plan but I had two problems with them. One, there are known clearance problems for those of us running the 164-tooth bellhousing because of the flange hitting the damn starter. Two, some of them, especially the ones for 1/5th the cost, are not of similar quality. Painted steel is a no-go for my engine bay. I'm going to be pouring my heart and soul into this thing and when that paint starts to chip off damn I'm going to be pissed.

Also, this will allow me to run Explorer-like plumbing. I was thinking a pair of high-flow cats then X-piped and a dual inlet/dual outlet muffler. I still have plenty of time to think about this though.

Put me in.
2000 Mounty 5.0.

You're on the list.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Question is, how many of these people are going to back out? I've got the cash right now.... but I'd like to know what they are going to do if too many people back out.

Back