Torque monster headers | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Torque monster headers

pdmustgt

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ranger
Has anyone had issue's with driver side front pipe. I went to put them on test fitted front pipe to header it's not made right. It doesn't match rest of the header flanges bows outward a lot .

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine fit like a glove but did just blow out the gasket yesterday. I'll be looking for a more durable gasket next week.

If I where you I would email TM, and then call them so that they can see what is going on, they should be able to resolve your issues.

If I where you I would email TM, and then call them so that they can see what is going on, they should be able to resolve your issues.

TM has been gone for years. Only options now are the Chinese eBay copies or waiting a year for the header shop in California (Al's headers??) to actually build and send a real TM header. I suspect they were building them all along and TM was selling them.

Has anyone had issue's with driver side front pipe. I went to put them on test fitted front pipe to header it's not made right. It doesn't match rest of the header flanges bows outward a lot .

Is the joint flange hitting the cylinder head by chance? Check to see if you can create some clearance there. Take your time and remove just enough material to make a good fit. You might be able to take a little off the joint flange and a little off the cylinder head.

Didn't have header on the engine when it put header together. It was bent outward a lot and also flange that mounts to cyl head is twisted alittle. I tried tweaking it by bending it back so yes it hits cyl head now. I had problems putting it on the truck removed it then test fitting it on engine sitting on the cart. Kicker part manifold stud I cut off that hold pipe it manifold won't come out even after welding nut on it and heating manifold keeps breaking off. Had to buy new manifold to get truck out of the garage had to use it today

I did text Erica with pics Saturday night right after making this thread. Forgot I had it said her Dad will call me Monday.

If I could get pics from my phone to here

TM has been gone for years. Only options now are the Chinese eBay copies or waiting a year for the header shop in California (Al's headers??) to actually build and send a real TM header. I suspect they were building them all along and TM was selling them.

Sorry that is what I meant, I forgot what the place was called. They6 usually seem to very helpful, although they are not very fast.

Is the joint flange hitting the cylinder head by chance? Check to see if you can create some clearance there. Take your time and remove just enough material to make a good fit. You might be able to take a little off the joint flange and a little off the cylinder head.

^This. I had to grind my flange down a hair to make it fit. But I also used 98-01 headers on my 96 so that could be why I had that issue.

That being said I never had an issue (been 2k miles so far and I used the nice felpro gaskets, not the cork/paper junk). Fit perfect but I also have the flange cut at each pipe so they can flex and seal better. Instead of one solid flange there's a cut in the flange between each pipe. Probably doesn't matter but mine had it done when I bought them so I just left it that way.

Back