totaled | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

totaled

So... my x is gonna be totalled. I was in aurora colorado and some jerk broke into my car and messed it up. they dug out both door locks and tore up the dash ruined my wiring harness for the stereo and messed up the ignition trying to steal it. The estimates came out to 5300 to fix it and the blue book is only 6600 so the insurance is talking about totaling it. Tomorrow the adjuster is gonna be out to ***** the damage himself and prob give me a check for the value of the car. Hopefully Ill have some pictures up soon. :(

x's should not qualify for cash for clunkers! dont get rid of it! they will kill your baby!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just because the insurance company totals it, doesn't mean you have to. Take the check, buy the Ex back, fix it, and you're good to go!

Might even end up with some extra cash (for upgrades) if you do the work yourself!

pffft that stuff can be fixed for a few bux at the junk yard

what year Ex?

Saudi Aurora SUCKS!!

no i know i can buy it back but i still have a loan on it... so the money would go towards paying it off. and while they were doing the estimates they body shop told me it looked like it had been in a serious wreck previously and that the frame was a shoddy repair and the back wasn't aligned right... so yay! not.
So i might just take the money pay it off then look for something new. mabey a manual second gen? ideas?

pffft that stuff can be fixed for a few bux at the junk yard

what year Ex?

Saudi Aurora SUCKS!!

yeah its a 01 sport. they messed up the doors pretty bad so its probably gonna get two new skins if anything. but im not sure if this is the x to keep. i might look for a manual second gen.

...body shop told me it looked like it had been in a serious wreck previously and that the frame was a shoddy repair and the back wasn't aligned right...

in 01 did they start having rear independent suspension? I could of sworn they were still the solid axle in the rear with no alignment adjustments in the rear...oh n/m you were talking about the frame not being aligned right when it was repaired...my bad heh

'01s have a solid rear axle.

no its got the solid axle i know that its just the last person to repair it didn't even get all the panels lined up right. The shop said that when it was wrecked it probably was to bad to be repaired but was anyway. i still don't know whats gonna happen. The adjuster was supposed to come today but called and rescheduled for Tuesday.

Hopefully they will just fix it but I don't want it to be repaired with used parts. I just want it to be back where it was. I just miss my music and the sound of my sub. The worst part is that they messed up the wiring harness so i cant even put in my stock radio.

If they do total it I think I might just let them take it. Im gonna look for a second gen because I don't want to have to finance it this time but there aren't as many around here. So if you see a good deal on a second gen in Colorado let me know!

Pics still coming and ill post updates on Tuesday when i find out what the adjuster is going to do.

P.s. any body with am family? Do you know at what point they will total a vehicle? I think it is somewhere between 50-80% of the vehicles value but not sure. Thanks

do u got pics of it

AH! Sorry to hear that man, look at the bright side, you could either be getting a nice check to pay it off, then getting a second gen, or it will all be fixed, possibly better than before :p:

I would personally go with a 4 door 2nd gen, those are my fav :D

yeah i really like the four doors.

as for the damage here it goes...
IMGP2218.jpg

IMGP2219.jpg

IMGP2220.jpg

IMGP2222.jpg

IMGP2221.jpg

IMGP2224.jpg

IMGP2225.jpg

IMGP2226.jpg

IMGP2227.jpg

IMGP2228.jpg

july2008040.jpg

my sister old sport that she rolled on monarch pass near gunnison colorado

can some one help me out with the pics im having a hell of a time to get them to show

how come the pics r not working

holy crap did ur alarm on ur sport go off or anything.

where was it parked when this happend and was there any witnesses

that aint sh#t for damage, you could fix that stuff very cheap. go to the junk yard you could get a new radio trim piece for nothing the crack on the dash should be mostly covered up by the trim. the one door lock looks a little harder to fix buy not that big of a deal im sure a body shop could weld in a new piece for no to much

remove the quotation marks..

holy crap did ur alarm on ur sport go off or anything.

where was it parked when this happend and was there any witnesses

it went off but they did something to turn it off. It was at the extended stays deluxe in aurora colorado and the hotel didn't even have ANY security. no one saw it. the night of the break in there was a family in an rv parked on the street infront of my car which was in the parking lot and then by five in the morning they were gone. im thinking they were trying to steal it but couldn't get it started so they just took the radio. normaly when they steal the radio they just bust the window but they took the time to dig out both door locks and my ignition. (sorry no picture of the ignition) the transponder stopped them from taking it at least.

as for the damage it is very repairable but like before i don't know if this thing would hold up in a wreck so i think i might just let them total it.

if they fix it im taking the check and doing it my self.

well.... Just got done with the adjuster and here is the verdict:

Totaled. They are giving me 5300 after the deductible. Im gonna let them take it and start the search for a new car. The adjuster was really cool, he said that he will help me get more for my value so today he is going back to his office in grand junction and going to bring the value up so that i might be able to pocket some after the loan is paid for.

i am going to be sellin my 01 sport probably next yr but what kind of ride u going to look for now another explorer or what

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i really like the second gen bodies. mabey a limited or a mounty. however i really just want to get something more fuel efficient and cheap... then buy another x down the road.

Back