2 cars maybe totaled..... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2 cars maybe totaled.....

Welll one day after listing my explorer for sale iam driving through a shopping center when a guy runs a stop sign and i hit him. He had a stop sign I was just driving down the thru road to get back on the township road when he stops looks at me and goes right as iam about 2 feet from his car. tHE CORNER OF MY BUMPER NAILED HIS DRIVERS DOOR . His door was bent up down in to the drivers seat glass shattered all over my hood none of his airbags went off. (a 2007 accord ex-V6 which I have one just like it which has 8 airbags standard. The drivers side door to the end of his car will need to be replaced and looked like a total to me. My truck will need a bumper, lower valence, fog lights, both headlights, both turn signals, a new hood, new passanger side fender. My car has 130,000 on it and iam trying to figure out whats they will give me on a total? If you thinks it sounds like a total? I was palnning on getting rid of this explorer but after seeing how well it held up to a sedan that has every airbag possible and they still dont go off. It has me thinking. The only thing is i dont have collison, if its my fault, but since this accident wasnt i hope his company will pay for it. The cop basicly ignorred him due to the fact he couldnt speak english and his lincse was from jersey and his car has pa plates ( apprently its his brothers or something we could not figure out what he was saying)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well within a couple bussiness hours his insurance company called me today and sent out a adjuster to look at my car. I have 3 estimates from $2,600 to $3,200 the adjuster said the car is not driveable and I can get a rental car when ever I want to. He took pics of the car inside and out looked to see how clean everything was, looked for any other damage around the car checked to see how all 4 tires are. I think the value of car is only about $4,300 so Iam surprised they are going to fix it.

I'm glad your getting it fixed soon...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you might be able to save a bunch of money by going to harry's u pull it and picking up some parts to fix yourself. I was just at the allentown one last week and they have a red hood an fender that will fit perfectly. Its not too far from you either. If you even needed help I could help you out as my school is an entire 5 minutes from the junkyard :D

I'm surprised they are going to fix, my 98 Ex had 126000 on it with less body damage than yours and they totaled it. I'm not too far from you either, I actually live down the road from McCafferty, but Fred Beans is about 30 minutes away from me. You had a similar situation to me, except she pulled out into me and nailed my door. She had a stop sign and I guess didn't see me? :dunno:. But apparently she accepted liability for the accident according to my insurance company and I should be reimbursed for most if not all of my out of pocket expenses. Sucks to have it happen to you. Oh yeah, the girl that hit me was driving a brand new VW with only 7000 miles on it.

haha Iam on ebay now adding up all the prices of the parts ( headlights, bumper, lower valence, top pad) then plan on going to harrys this weekend to see if they have a hood and fender (harrys in quakertown or righht near quakertown). I know last year when I had a green explorer like 80% of the explorers at harrys where this color red.

yea i noticed that too that there are a lot that are your color... its really odd. haha. Are you talking about the one in pennsburg? I was thinking of actually checking that one out soon cuz its only about an hour from my home in jersey. I think its actually not far from the allentown one either.

The only thing I would worry about is your front end (alignment & suspension etc.) being out to lunch now, but doesn't sounds like you were going fast enough to really screw things up.

The lesson here is it sucks to be the guy who gets hit by an Explorer:p:

That's very soon... was a final report issued? Did they offer to settle or were they doing an estimate only? Hold on until the police issue a report... Unless you're fixing it with your own cash, that's different. Has your insurance company contacted you?

I'm surprised they are going to fix, my 98 Ex had 126000 on it with less body damage than yours and they totaled it. I'm not too far from you either, I actually live down the road from McCafferty, but Fred Beans is about 30 minutes away from me. You had a similar situation to me, except she pulled out into me and nailed my door. She had a stop sign and I guess didn't see me? :dunno:. But apparently she accepted liability for the accident according to my insurance company and I should be reimbursed for most if not all of my out of pocket expenses. Sucks to have it happen to you. Oh yeah, the girl that hit me was driving a brand new VW with only 7000 miles on it.

Body damage is WAY cheaper to fix then sup damage...

Depends on the vehicle...

Well I called them today to check and see if they are paying. They said they sent out the check of $2,666.12 today and if I need a rental the bodyshops will know to just bill it to traverlers insurance co. They said if the bodyshops need more money they know to call her and she sends another check. All in all Iam happy with getting a check of $2,666 If I want to I can fix it for about $500.

Nice to see someone local..sucks about your truck though. Glad it's getting fixed at least. What shift/building are you in if you dont mind my asking? Can't miss that orange parking tag.

I dont have the truck any more, it started to have a few problems after it was in the accident, I ended up trading it in with all the damage on a escape . The parking tag is for college, Iam not sure if thats what your refering to though?

Back