MountaineerGreen

Towing Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
North East Arkansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 F150 4x4
I need some help. I want to pull a trailer that is wider than my Mountaineer. I cannot find any custom fit towing mirrors for my truck. The best I can find has been a universal clamp on type. I can get them reasonably enough, but I would much rather have a true custom fit mirror. Any suggestions? Ideas?

Here is what I have found-
Mirrors @ Summit

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just use universal mirrors similar to the last picture on the page

Check out Camping World or other RV/Camper dealers.They sell by make and model of your vehicle.I found a set for my 97 Ex for $25 each.

I use the Unversal Dual View Towing Mirror, CIP-11953. I like the way they work and remove them when not towing.

I have a pair that slip on to the mirrors on my 97, but the mirrors changed so for my 99 Mountaineer, I used the strap ones from Wal-Mart. They worked satisfactory, but they were a bit wobbily.

Lloyd10977 said:
I use the Unversal Dual View Towing Mirror, CIP-11953. I like the way they work and remove them when not towing.

Do you have any problems with them wanting to slide off? I am down to the 11953 and the 11960. I like the 11953 because of the dual mirrors, but am worried about the rubber straps slipping or breaking.

I have had no issues with the mirrors sliding off. On one occasion the driver's side was dislodged when it contacted a tree while backing, but there was no damage and the universal mirror was reattached securely.

Back