Toyo open county ?'s | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Toyo open county ?'s

i got a nice set of 31 inch toyo open country at's last week for 120$ installed and had a few questions. What psi should i run the tire at on the street??? i know the max is 50 but that seems awfully high and rough riding. Also are these tires fairly easy to balance and keep balanced??? last but not least how are they off road???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have them on my F250and love them. As far as tire pressure, I run them at 50 but my max is 80. I'd say try about 32-35 psi. I've had no problems with balancing or keeping them balanced. They're not hardcore tires but they're decent in the dirt.

Just don't tow an explorer in 106* weather for 1400 miles and you'll be alright. ;)

These tires are not even a year old

tire.jpg

What load range were those Colin? Were they Ds or Es?

Oh man, I'm not sure. I would guess the heavier one since all they use it for is towing.

We were figuring it was the heat, because we blew 4 trailer tires and that truck tire all during the day between El Paso (hell) and Austin.

I run about 35 psi in my Toyos. Gives decent mileage and really good wear. I haven't really had them in mud yet, but they seem to self clean fairly well for an all terrain tire. They are also really good in the snow. Best tires I have owned yet. They did take some weight to balance, but I think my rims have a slight wobble to them. I've had them over a year now, not sure on the mileage, but they still have 1/2 tread left. I've never had tires last over a year. I'm not sure, but these seem to be a clone of the Nitto Terra Grappler tire, or the Nitto is a clone of the Toyo.

Dan

Back