Tramp is done! (for now) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tramp is done! (for now)

Yep - you heard it right!

standard.jpg

Here is Tramp with the new Xterrains (35x12.50)

They rub a bit on the back of the front fenders - some trimming is in order (notice the missing tupperware)

Now to find something else to do...

Jon

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks PV,
I am taking the tupperware off and filling the holes with bondo - after patching the rust. Then I plan on following the lead of the "Nervs of steel, Brain of Chipmunk" GJarrett and use Herculiner on the rocker panels up to the black trim. This should keep the scars to a minimum (down low anyhow). Finally, I will be adding some rock slider style bars - hopefully from Gloria's shop in NV. This will all probably take me 2 years knowing my track record :D

J

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They do make plugs for those holes.... I believe www.explorerexpress.com has them, but I could be wrong on that.

FME- Depending if the rust is bad, all I can say is have fun, cause the bondo won't help it. If it's gone all the way through, either leave it, or cut it out, and replaec it with fresh metal... I wish I did that in my body shop class...
Pete

FM - I'm also gonna get a pair of sliders from Gloria. My problem now is when hang up on my smittybilts they bend and then dent the little rail. I would like to get rid of it or pound it down flat. How high are you going to do the liner up to. Not up the door?? This doesnt' bug me because it doesnt interfer with performance but it would be nice to clean it up a little. Does Gerald have pics of his with the liner? Thanks.

PV

Originally posted by FMExplorer
BigDerk,
The tires are great all aorund. Quiet in comparison to the MT's (Dunlop) I had, great offroad - and I still have 3.27's! Down here - as you probably know - tire speed is good because of the mud and sand.

BTW - Are you in S Georgia?

J
Thanks for the info, I'm definitely looking into the Xterrain when I get around to some 33's. :D

I'm actually just south of Atlanta, so FL is a bit of a drive for me. Otherwise I'm sure I would have joined yall on a run or two so far. Might be able to make it down there sometime during summer 02, that is, if yall wouldn't mind a Ranger tagging along. ;)

Rnagers? Heck - we allow Zookis to play :)

We are hoping to do a N FL run and maybe even Tellico next year. Keep an eye out for details...

J

Sounds good man, I'd like to make that Tellico run. Hopefully by then I'll be running a 3" body lift with the torsion twist and an add-a-leaf, and some 33" Xterrains. Sure would be nice to have some rock sliders though, those Tellico trails look wicked! :D

Back