Tramp is done! (for now) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tramp is done! (for now)

Yep - you heard it right!

standard.jpg

Here is Tramp with the new Xterrains (35x12.50)

They rub a bit on the back of the front fenders - some trimming is in order (notice the missing tupperware)

Now to find something else to do...

Jon

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's one freakin huge Explorer! Looks AWESOME Jon! What gears do ya got pushin those 35's? Got any closeups of the Xterrains? Look like some sweet tires from the pics I've seen.

WOWZERS.....

No way it's gonna fit in the garage now...
Love it!

Bigderk,
The gears are the (for now) comment..

I am running 3.27's and believe it or not, they aren't all that bad on the road. We have mud here, so fast spinning tires is good. I will be doing 4.56's in December.

Also - tomorrow I am taking off the rest of the tupperware, trimming and taking tread photos - I'll keep you posted!

J

That looks AWESOME Jon, I'm very jealous. I have my lift kit and gears sitting in my sons room right now for almost a month, just waiting to be installed.

What size are your wheels?

The wheels are 15x10 RockCrawlers with 3.75" backspacing...

I'm headed outside to have a tupperware party now:)

J

Ok Jon it looks great, since I found out that I left part if my lift @ Hix's house I cannot start tearing mine down until I get the rest. Did you use the warrior shackels or are those stock and did you keep the coil spacers or ditch them? Anyway it looks KILLER, do you happen to have the instructions for the lift??????

Wow... looks good! Yah, I'd definately like to see some close ups of them tires, to see how they look... hehe, another guy, GOIN BIG!
Pete

Maybe you should ditch the body lift and hack up your fenders? :D j/k - Looks very nice man. What kind of suspension travel do you get with the Superlift?

Travel? No clue yet - I have some trimming to do up front before I can test it...

The shackels are from Discount Auto - $15 plus some 1/2" ID galvanized pipe from Home Depot - total cost is $20 and they are equal to Warrior in size and strength. I am working on posting some pics of the tires - have taken them, just need to post them up - in the next day or so....

Thanks for the feedback guys!

BTW - It's a long way up into this now!

J

Lookin' good Jon. Glad to see they finally sent you the tires and you gave those 'Yugo' tires back. LOL Time to go sling some mud at Bubba's.

nice truck, definately better to go bigger

nice truk bro, props

WOW!!! Just what I want to do. Let us know how those tires ride(road noise,traction on and off road).I was debating on getting those tires in the near future.

Van

Van,
The tires run great on and off road. Piece of advice - check and pack all bearings before switching tires. It will save a lot of headaches!

I haven't had a chance to try these in the mud, but judging from how well they tear thru dirt and sand, mud won't be a problem. Even after 250 miles non-stop the tires don't warm up at all. I think you'll be very impressed!

Jon

How are the Xterrains as far as road noise goes? Are they comparable to mud terrains? I'd like to get the Xterrains whenever I get ar ound to lifting my Ranger (4-6", probably late next year), most likely 33x12.50's...

up, up and away!

Now if we could just find some thing easy for the 95+ owners to get 10 inches!!

BigDerk,
The tires are great all aorund. Quiet in comparison to the MT's (Dunlop) I had, great offroad - and I still have 3.27's! Down here - as you probably know - tire speed is good because of the mud and sand.

BTW - Are you in S Georgia?

J

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Tuperware

FMExplorer - I took my tupper ware off but now I have a bunch of holes down there. What are your theories on the ugley rail with all the holes? Any ideas? Just wonderin. Oh your truck looks dam good too. Cheers!

Back