Tranny line leak | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tranny line leak

I am actually out in Proctor. Complete opposite end of town. Lol

The factory does use rubber hoses for the aux cooler, but the lines have a hose bead. I have had slow leaks at those locations before. I suggest double clamping since your cut line won't have hose beads on the ends. If the hose came apart you would lose your fluid in short order and end up stranded.

Double clamping is a idea that I use also. Good thought to post that.

I will flare the ends and double clamp!! Hopefully this weekend it gets nicer because I'm stuck driving a 95 camry but at least I have another car lol

I used to rent with some buddies in proctor right by that dang train yard... That is loud as piss!!

alright well i cut out about 4 inches of transmission line with a sawzall (could barely get it in there and had to be careful not to cut into the other line). I didn't have enough room for my flare tool to flare the lines so i just slid the rubber hose over and double clamped it on each side! so far it is holding and doesn't seam to leak and my trans shifts smooth and no funny noises going into gear. hopefully i caught it early enough to save my trans! after i parked from my test drive I got out and could still hear the (sizzle) from the fluid dripping on the cat but with no visible sign of it leaking im hoping it is just "burning off the remainder" of the fluid and it will go away. so close eye on the fluid level the next few days and hopefully its all fixed!! thanks for the help

Back