• Register Today It's free!

Trans cooler lines not connected

Chughtai

Reaction score
City, State
Riyadh
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer 2006 - XLT
Well, I recently got issues with my Ford Explorer 2006 radiator as the water was getting lost (dunno where). I did some research over the internet and finally decided to take it to some professional guy rather than doing it myself due to lack of space and specially the soaring temperatures outside. I took it to the nearest possible mechanic to get the issue checked and fixed. While he was working over it, I found out that there is nothing connected to the Transmission Cooler lines (which was strange for me as wherever I have searched everyone's first concern during radiator repair or replacement were these lines).
I asked the mechanic about the same and he said this is not a problem and its OK. He fixed the leakage issue but I am still concerned regarding this NO TRANS COOLER LINES CONNECTIONS.
Need to know, if someone else has the same scenario. Also is it going to cause damage to my transmission?

Also just to add that sometimes while driving from low to high gears or vice versa (specially in first 3 gears) I feel a slight bump during gear shifting. Could this be happening because of this.?

Need some advice over it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't think that this is normal. Why did your mechanic not connect the lines?
Can you make pictures that show the problem?

Are you looking at the lines from the Tranny it self or just where they connect to the radiator? You my have an external cooler in front of you radiator for the Tranny. This is a better way of cooling the fluid. Check I bet you have one. As for the hard shifts check the Tranny fluid and see if it needs replacement. If you do not know the last time it was replaced and the filter changed I would start with that.

Can you take a photo and show us where it's disconnected?

If you're talking the main ones going and coming out of the rad, I highly doubt that's the case. As you'd loose all your fluid and toast the transmission within a block...

I don't think that this is normal. Why did your mechanic not connect the lines?
Can you make pictures that show the problem?

Will take the pictures and upload in the upcoming weekened!!

Are you looking at the lines from the Tranny it self or just where they connect to the radiator? You my have an external cooler in front of you radiator for the Tranny. This is a better way of cooling the fluid. Check I bet you have one. As for the hard shifts check the Tranny fluid and see if it needs replacement. If you do not know the last time it was replaced and the filter changed I would start with that.

Well, i got the trans Oil and filter changed around 15k miles. So this should not be the issue. I got this changed because i was facing the same issue already so i started with the same thing.
And yeah, there is a small radiator type connected in front of the radiator.
I will soon share the pictures...

Back