• Register Today It's free!

trans trouble

MonsterEnergy

Reaction score
City, State
Detroit
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT and '03 XLT
Well this weekend, me and my dad decided it was a good idea to use my 98 xlt to pull out some old tree stumps. So we hooked up the stumps and ripped all five out. After we unhooked it, we realized my bumper was bent and now looks like ****. Also the next day my O/D light started flashing. I've read the other posts on the O/D light, but none of them ended in anything conclusive. Im planning on taking it to the dealership and having it scanned to see if they can pinpoint the problem. If it ends up being the solenoid or torque converter, i may just swap in a used trans, i've found em for roughly 700$ with 52k miles. Anyone have any further idea what the problem could be, or any suggestions ? thanks..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Don't pull stumps with a 4R55E :D

I'ts best to scan the PCM and see wha't up.

If the OD light is blinking, is it also shifting somewhat harder? If so, it's not good to drive it that way for any extended period of time.

im currently not driving it. Yeah for futre refrence i've decided against pulling anything with an auto. i think im just going to the dealership to have a new trans swapped in. Although i presonaly would like to convert it to a five speed manual, im sure that it'd be too much work. The dealership will know exactly whats up tommorow.

Did you try pulling the battery cable for a few minutes to see if it reset? It may be something very simple. I'd do that and see if it doesn't start flashing again before bringing it to dealer so they can tell you "rebuild"

Back