Transmission Fluid Temperature Issue | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Transmission Fluid Temperature Issue

gtbutler

Reaction score
City, State
Conway, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Explorer, Limited V8
I've changed the fluid in my 2005 Explorer Limited 4.6l 4x4. I dropped the pan and changed the filter so I could also analyze the inside of the pan for contaminants, since I bought the vehicle with 69k on her. Everything looked good. Buttoned everything up, pumped fluid in, warmed up the transmission, etc. let fluid drain to a drip. I believe everything was done correctly. During the "fluid change" I was attempting to measure the transmission fluid temperature using my scan tool software. I use AutoEnginuity and there is a "Transmission Fluid Temperature - Input" value that never moves from 14 degrees Fahrenheit. I've driven the truck 1 mile, 10 miles, or 20 miles but the value being sent to the scantool never changes.

Anyone else had trouble trying to measure the Tranny fluid temperature through the PID using a scan tool? I don't believe there is anything wrong with the scan tool software (all of the other functions of AutoEnginuity seem to be working correctly). If the TFT sensor isn't working correctly where is that sensor/how do you correct/repair the TFT sensor.

The TFT sensor is located in the solenoid body. I dont think it is a replaceable part without replacing the solenoid pack. I use the ford ids and I have no issues with the tft pid. Never used AutoEnginuity.

Back