• Register Today It's free!

Transmission jerk?

FruztalProjects

Reaction score
City, State
Washington, US
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 PIU
So I've started to notice my car jerks when I punch it. When I floor the car at speed, it has this real hard jerk when flooring it as if it's slamming into gears whilst downshifting. No codes, no check engine light, no powertrain malfunction indicator or anything. Is this a transmission fault or an engine misfire? Anyone had this issue before?

Sounds like you are experiencing pursuit mode for the first time. It is the police programming and it's part of owning an PIU. If you drive it really lightly does it mostly go away? The PIU was built for utility not comfort. Mine seemed to be extra slammy when accelerating so I reset the TCM adaptive learning on Forscan and after a while of driving it around it learned my driving habits and it got a lot better, but not 100% gone. Also if you haven't lately I would change your transmission fluid. These cars go through hell during their fleet years and early fluid intervals is never a bad idea.

Sounds like you are experiencing pursuit mode for the first time. It is the police programming and it's part of owning an PIU. If you drive it really lightly does it mostly go away? The PIU was built for utility not comfort. Mine seemed to be extra slammy when accelerating so I reset the TCM adaptive learning on Forscan and after a while of driving it around it learned my driving habits and it got a lot better, but not 100% gone. Also if you haven't lately I would change your transmission fluid. These cars go through hell during their fleet years and early fluid intervals is never a bad idea.
No, I know what pursuit mode is. I can tell you it isn't pursuit mode. I have a transmission fluid change scheduled here soon. I'll look into FORScan about resetting the module so it learns to my driving.

Back