Trckmagik's Trail Ride w/ new pics Updated | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Trckmagik's Trail Ride w/ new pics Updated

Trckmagik's Lift install 35's PICS::::

Well, There was a change of plans for my 1992 Exploder. I decided to go w/ the smallest amount of lift and still be able to run 35's. This is just the start so I will include a couple pics from my work last night. Most of the rest will be done this weekend.

Project:
Warrior Shackle Install
Skyjacker 2" Lift Springs
3" Body Lift
35's BFG Mud
Detroit Locker & Carrier
Lock rite up front
5.13 Gearing (front and back)
Perry's fab and fiber front fiberglass fenders

Here are some pics of the 92 w/ 35's mounted and on only 1.5" of lift. These are before the Body Lift install.
IM000205.jpg

IM000206.jpg

IM000207.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I will be wrking on both the truck tomorrow and also getting the garage picked up. You are more than welcome to stop by! We have a manual T-case to possibly install and also fenders. Also have some Mustang disc brakes that I need to install. Dont know what the plan is yet. My cell is 214-597-5385 if you want to give me a jingle in the morning.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Brian, Photodelux is a cheap program that will save files for use on the web. If no one else comes through let me know.

Thanks, CBoug actually emailed me and said he was dropping something in the mail for me today. But thanks. There are just so many helpful people on this board. Its just amazing.

Thats Right, you have a CD on it way to you Now!

Thanks to AOL's DVD style Case's it only costs me $1.03 to mail any cd Any where in the USA.

Thats pretty smooth. Thanks alot! I am going to rush home and get these interior pics uploaded. Chris... what email addy are you using now?

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Gerald will be proud!!!! :cool:

how did you take out the carpet? that is killer!!!!!

:D got to see it yesterday looks great brian let me know how you like the fenders:) plus i think ill be getting the bl for my x next week always welcome to help b4 i mess something up :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Chris

Thanks guys. Its been a long road. I feel like I have been lifting trucks for a full year now and its not even my full-time job. The carpet comes out real easy once you have all the seats out. We took everything out of the interior so as to herc the whole floor. In the cargo area its hard to tell but the herc goes all the way up the sides for when we are throwing muddy or sandy items back there.

The Fenders are now on and Herculined to match the rear. It finally looks almost complete. I will take some pics tomorrow as it is dark and I am fixing to party Downtown Dallas style :nono: More to come.

so Brian whats the road noise like after removing the carpet and how hard was it too herc everything any special little things or just pretty straightforward? I have been wanting to do this just haven't got to it yet. Looks Great!

The road noise is louder but since I dont drive it very often on the road it doesnt really bother me. You will need 1 gallon of Herc to do the interior and rockers. It was me and a friend and it took about three hours to do. Nothing to it really. Just take all the seats out and the plastic trim that follows the door line. We used alot pf herc. The hardest part was getting it in all the little crooks and cracks. It turned out nice though. There are a couple of spots that I will be touching up when I buy my next gallon. I still plan on getting some better pics for you guys. Let me know if I can help in any other way.

Hey brian,
Never heard back from you on Saturday. If you are around some other time I would love to come up. I mostly interested in the Herc job. My ex has rust between the sunroof and the windshield and I would like to apply some of that Stuff. I am also considering making a bra because of some body damage. Is there Lots of Prep? Is it as tough as the paint? Is the Herc $100 per Gallon?

Yes it is 100.00 a gallon. It is about 10x's as tough as paint.

Is the prep pretty easy? Does it roll on or what? Did you use masking tape?

does it spray on as easy as the paint? Same sprayer?

I should have learned from Gerald. I herced my floor of my 79 GMC jimmy. I got the stuff on my Arms and hands and scrubbed till i bled and that Sh$% didn't come off. Anyway Brian truck looks GREAT.

The Herc gets rolled on with a textured roller. All you have to do is clean the surface then scratch w/ sos type pad, then Herc away. It is really easy. After hours of rolling you end up taking your gloves off and sticking your hand right in the Herc. You will get this on you no matter how hard you try not to. Three weeks later and I am still finding little spots of it on me.

Still am trying to get motivated enough to install teh manual T-Case.

Brian, do you mind if I ask how much were the front fender flares?

Back