Trckmagik's Trail Ride w/ new pics Updated | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Trckmagik's Trail Ride w/ new pics Updated

Trckmagik's Lift install 35's PICS::::

Well, There was a change of plans for my 1992 Exploder. I decided to go w/ the smallest amount of lift and still be able to run 35's. This is just the start so I will include a couple pics from my work last night. Most of the rest will be done this weekend.

Project:
Warrior Shackle Install
Skyjacker 2" Lift Springs
3" Body Lift
35's BFG Mud
Detroit Locker & Carrier
Lock rite up front
5.13 Gearing (front and back)
Perry's fab and fiber front fiberglass fenders

Here are some pics of the 92 w/ 35's mounted and on only 1.5" of lift. These are before the Body Lift install.
IM000205.jpg

IM000206.jpg

IM000207.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

New pics after 3" Body Lift Install. Still under construction

Im000214_001

Im000217

Im000221

Im000222

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Thanks Tarheel. We cant figure out why they arent showing up.

looks good!

Thanks alot. Thanks for all your help Dave in getting me a spot to post my pics. List of to do's:

1) Install front Flat Tow Bar
2) Install Fiberglass Fenders
3) Get Gears and Lockers installed.
4) Install my CB.
5) Install my Tow Points
6) Alignment
7) Try to install my manual T-Case.
8) Cut front Bumper (Fenderguy)
9) Attempt half door cuts.

Then make it to Moab and out in one piece.

UPDATE:

Okay here it is
-Installed Surco Roof Rack
-35" spare on roof
-Herculined the interior (no more carpet)
-Cut the front bumper
-Installed 8" lights on bumper
-Installed 6" lights on roof rack
-Relocated rear bumper
-Herculined Rockers up to molding

This was all done today and half of yesterday. I am to tired to post pics but they will be up tomorrow. Night

You can see the Herculiner up to the molding and my four new lights (that are bright). Not done w/ the herculining. And I will have pics of Interior after I get off work today.
IM000222

And then here is a good one of my bumper mod:
IM000223

how hard was the BL? I want to do that to my concept Explorer/Wrangler project..... I already have the shackles installed.... i want 35s!!!!! that is way sweet... does the bl come with bumper raising brackets? and where you modified the inner fender was that cut or just beat with a hammer?

The body lift is simple! I have done about 4-5 of them so it is real easy now. The cut on the fender was done w/ a saw zaw and then beat down flat w/ the fender well. Let me know if I can help you nay more.

come do a BL up here in the rust belt! It is a pain in the arse!

Yea ive heard! I could never live up north for that reason right there. The bottom of the car just rusts away from right under you.

Now that's a good looking bumper! :D

So what is that about 4.5" of lift then? Going to look good! Are you putting the rear glass on it as well, or just the front?

Attachments

• colin.th.0102.jpg
    colin.th.0102.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 428

Looking good Brian, can't wait to see it out at Moab...

Yes it is 4.5" of lift. I cant wait for Moab! The whole truck may be herculined. I still havent had time to upload the interior pics yet. I will get to that tonight.

Still waiting on the Interior Pictures. BTW Brian dont throw any parts away. keep them...

I know. I cant put the interior pics up yet due to them being to large of a file. I dont have the software that will shrink the pics. The interior did turn out really good though.

UPDATE: Just got word from the freight company and my fenders are in Dallas, Tx and they will deliver today (friday). Looks like it will finally get its face back on.

Federguy. My plan is to eventually do the rear fiberglass. Shouldnt be a problem since we are putting a couple coats of herculiner on the whole truck. I love that stuff. :eek:

Brian,
If you want send me the files......
Maybe I'll even send you a program that you can Edit your files with..... But I would need your addres.

Okay. I will send them when I get home today. Thanks. Now I cant wait to get home to throw my fenders on. Ill email ya my addy. Thanks......

Brian,
What does the Herculiner Cost? Is it easy to Apply? Are you working on this thing tomarro (Saturday), can I come up and hang? I want to see your truck. I could give you a hand w/ the fenders!?

Back