Trouble with TM Headers | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Trouble with TM Headers

I'm using the Remflex at no cost. They sent me two small samples of the material and they were just the right size to cut a gasket out of. :)

How did you get the samples? I would like to have them ready as a backup gasket.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How did you get the samples? I would like to have them ready as a backup gasket.

They offered to send me a set. Didn't even ask.

They sell sheets of the material on their website. I'm thinking of scoring some.

I installed the new gasket from Bob about 5 weeks ago and its working fine...
I do have the flanged version for the two piece section of header so i couldnt just slip the new gasket in. I needed to loosen the header from the head and it ripped the Remflex gasket when i tried to get the gasket passed the flange :( I put it back together and torqued the hell out of it, and it is holding fine so far. Seems that the graphite gasket was able to reseal itself where it tore apart :)

I installed the new gasket from Bob about 5 weeks ago and its working fine...
I do have the flanged version for the two piece section of header so i couldnt just slip the new gasket in. I needed to loosen the header from the head and it ripped the Remflex gasket when i tried to get the gasket passed the flange :( I put it back together and torqued the hell out of it, and it is holding fine so far. Seems that the graphite gasket was able to reseal itself where it tore apart :)

I haven't really had a chance to check on the status of my Remflex gasket (the one between the two pieces). It's been a pretty cold winter. The truck's been running fine so I'm assuming it's doing the job.

I haven't really had a chance to check on the status of my Remflex gasket (the one between the two pieces). It's been a pretty cold winter. The truck's been running fine so I'm assuming it's doing the job.

Do you have a flange between the two piece section? The Remflex will probably hold as long as the bolts don't loosen.

Do you have a flange between the two piece section? The Remflex will probably hold as long as the bolts don't loosen.

I think I have the flange. The issue with my second gasket (Bob supplied) is that the bolts backed off and blew the gasket.

It's pretty nice today. I think you've got me motivated to go check the bolts now. :)

Back