Truck wont start | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck wont start

Aneatria

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 ford ranger
I need some help. My husband got drunk and pulled everything out of power box under the hood.. I have replaced all relays and fuses. Truck turns over wont start. Check engine light not coming on when key is on. Ran fine before. The only spot i can see where anything else might fo it says diode? Any help or further testing i can do??? 93 ford ranger manual transmission. . xlt 4 cyl. When turning over doesnt seem to be firing off or anything. All other lights work

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah, that is the power diode, which looks like a fuse other than being black. It has to go in the proper direction.

You might try a salvage yard for that part, otherwise it is a dealership item.

Thread moved to the Ranger sub forum .

Yeah, that is the power diode, which looks like a fuse other than being black. It has to go in the proper direction.

You might try a salvage yard for that part, otherwise it is a dealership item.

Thread moved to the Ranger sub forum .

Any dealership? I called one here and they seemed clueless..orany links to where to buy?

have your dealer look for part number F57B-14A604-AB

I "think" that is the number on my spare diode from an explorer--should be about the same thing.

have your dealer look for part number F57B-14A604-AB

I "think" that is the number on my spare diode from an explorer--should be about the same thing.
You are a life saver!!!!!!

Back