Truckhaven 2001!! | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truckhaven 2001!!

SPECIAL PRIZES

KKM - Kurtz Kustom Motorsports will be offering 3 gift certificates, each for $50.00 off of their Tru-Rev air intake system. http://www.Kustomz.com/

Smarty Parts - is donating 1 - Computer Chip, and 1- K&N Airfilter. http://www.smartyparts.com/

"Serious Explorations" - 2 - Videos, 2 - Hats, and some stickers.

[Edited by Rick on 01-04-2001 at 08:28 PM]

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Arrival

Rick,

Debby and I are planning to arrive about noon on Friday ( if I get the last minute mods done). We'll be bringing the Flag Pole/ Antenna for the mound behind camp, so hopefully you'll have that area all claimed before we get there!

See you Friday!!!!! :D

New Mexicans who used to be for Truckhaven

After findind water in my #1 cylinder today I've decided to go through my motor and do a rebuild. So seeing as how tuckhaven is like next week I'm going to have to back out.(well the motor and the fact that I'm still waiting for superlift to send me my new coils) Now I know you guys are all going to be sad and wish I was there but don't worry about me, I'll be ok. lol
Robbie J

Good look getting your Explorer on it's feet again. Thanks for keeping us informed about your attendance at T-haven.

Maybe next year.

Rick

Re: Attention Ray and ARB ?'s

Originally posted by Mac
Ray, the isolation switch should have come with the compressor. It is needed because your little tank needs to be fully charged in order to get a good ammount of initial air to the locker for a good engagement. I would call ARB and have them FEDEX you the relay and the switch. Without these, they won't work. The locker also comes w/ very completer instructions. It includes wiring diagrams and all that. Find those and it will be very beneficial to you. If you can't find them, let me know and I'll see if I can't fax you a copy.

Kevin,
Yea I went to Salinas and picked up the relay and compressor switch. Everything works now. Thanks for the info. Now all I gotta do is finish the lights and I'm ready to rock.

ONE WEEK TO GO

Just think...in one week I'll be airing down my tires and hitting the trails. I can't wait. See ya'll there.

If you are going don't for get to sign up for the POTLUCK!

See ya in a week.

Almost ready to go...

Well, we're almost set to go for next week. Still a few more things to get ready.

We're not going to be camping with y'all, perhaps next year. We found a place in Borrego Springs. But, you won't be rid of us that easily.

Picked up a CB today at Radio Shack. Basic full power hand held model on sale for $50. Couldn't complain at all.

I think I've got the box figured out for the back. I also think that the tie downs in my '93 were closer together than the ones for the '98, but who can say.

I'm using one of those Rubbermaid Action packers to start with. They have little holes on the plastic handles. I went over to Sport Chalet and bought some backpack strap things. I'll run the straps through the holes, and anchor the box in the back with it. It should work pretty well.

If we're not camping with y'all, what can we bring for the potluck?

Also, I'll bring some wood as well, I don't think you can ever have enough wood.

We'll be rolling in on Friday night from Orange County. We'll hit the hotel in Borrego Springs, and then saunter on down and try and check in.

I JUST signed up on the list, but I assume that we're going to be getting something resembling instructions this week?

Getting all excited. Should be lots of fun.

Welcome aboard. To both the run as well as to the site. The rubbermaid should work just fine. I've got a milk crate tied down with several other boxes tied to as well. The only thing I'm worried about is some of my larger tools and my air hoses aren't tied down, but I'll figure out some way to get around that. As for the potluck....check out the thread Char has started. You may get some ideas from that(fruit and vegatables maybe??). Most of all don't forget wood and a ton of water. Both things are always needed.

Latest weather forecast for Salton City, CA (from the Weatherchannel)

THU
JAN 11 Showers hi 62°F
lo 44°F

FRI
JAN 12 Showers hi 61°F
lo 40°F

SAT
JAN 13 Partly Cloudy hi 63°F
lo 42°F

SUN
JAN 14 Mostly cloudy hi 55°F
lo 38°F

MON
JAN 15 Partly cloudy hi 57°F
lo 37°F

Looks like we can expect some muddy conditions, especially in the arroyos. And it's gonna be CHILLY

The weather service usually doesn't do a very good job of predicting weather in the desert (unless it's the middle of the summer, the forcast is always sunny). They may get the temp close, but I would take the threat of rain with a grain of salt.

Never the less, be prepared for all conditions.

Rick

WOOD

I am going to bring a lot of wood, but it sounds like there will be a lot of people out there, so....everybody bring some PLEASE!! Bluedog, I am going Mon or Tues to check out the wood yard situation. No time to check prior to that..sorry. I am working all night right now and its hard to do anything in the daytime. I'm like a Vampire right now, except the nurses suck the blood and you have to be driving drunk to get bitten.

This probably belongs into the 'Today's Day Brightener' thread, but it fits great with Rick's response to my weather forecast:

Subject: Indian Signs
The Indians asked their Chief in autumn, if the winter was going to be cold or not. Not really knowing an answer, the chief replies that the winter was going to be cold and that the members of the village were to collect wood to be prepared.

Being a good leader, he then went to the next phone booth and called the National Weather Service and asked, "Is this winter to be cold?"

The man on the phone responded, "This winter was going to be quite cold indeed."

So the Chief went back to speed up his people to collect even more wood to be prepared. A week later he called the National Weather Service again, "Is it going to be a very cold winter?"

"Yes", the man replied, "it's going to be a very cold winter."

So the Chief goes back to his people and orders them to go and find every scrap of wood they can find. Two weeks later he calls the National Weather Service again: "Are you absolutely sure, that the winter is going to be very cold?"

"Absolutely" the man replies, "the Indians are collecting wood like crazy!"

Indian Winter

Peter Weber,

Your story/joke seems appropriate, very good!

it is with much sadness that I have made the long thought out decision to withdraw from attending the Truckhaven event this year. I know, I know, the night run won't be the same without me, and you won't have anyone to pick on (ahem, PIAA light rotisserie thing that I had to listen to the WHOLE Colorado Colors Run 2000), but I'm sure you'll survive. I've listed several reasons why I've made this decision...
- I've already been there, and it's an awfully long way to drive (1200 miles each way)
- I've never towed a vehicle before, adn this time of year the mountains can be quite trecherous... adn there is no way I'm towing it in the snow with no real towing experience (even if I had it probably), and I'm certainly not driving the explorer out there, since everytime I get over about 40 it starts to shake, and anytime I get over about 70 the shake is darn near uncontrollable at times.
- I only get three weeks vacation a year. One week is already spoken for since I'm helping my grandma rebuild her summer cabin, one week will be split between the ccr2001 run and the moab2001 run, and the last week I'm hoping to spend in Vegas celebrating my 21st birthday, woohoo!
- funds are kind of short since the purchase of the new F-150, I haven't even registered it yet which is going ot be another $650 or so!

Anyways, I'm sure with all the members who have added PIAA's in the recent months (Ray Lobato, Tom Davis, Rick, and several others) your night run will be no problem, just bring your GPS so you can tell where you are :). I look forward to seeing everyone in Moab, and if theres an attica run, I may attend that one and not go to vegas for a week (since I've never been to attica!) :).

Oh poop :D Well we'll miss you and I'm sure we'll be talking about your PIAA pet behind your back. :D

See ya in Moab!! No excuses!!

Originally posted by Rick
Oh poop :D Well we'll miss you and I'm sure we'll be talking about your PIAA pet behind your back. :D

See ya in Moab!! No excuses!!

LOL, I'm sure everyone will have a ball talking about me behind my back, especially since this is the first big event that Rick has attended, that I haven't (well fairly big anyways) (lets see... CCR1999 was the first, truckhaven 2000, moab 2000, CCR2000, but no truckhaven 2001 :( ). Ah well, I'm sure you'll all ahve a blast without me. No rolling this time though! And this doesn't just apply to Tom and Rick, but everyone! :).

Someone be sure to hit Matt up for money then for the stuff he said he was going to bring to the PotLuck..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Matt,
Are you going to send some T-shirts with one of your buddies and Toms lights? I was goin to get a T-shirt from you. I just won't be the same without Vegas and you.

Roadkill, ExplorerGM,
I talked to Mark Train and I will be bringing your shock mount protectors with me to Truckhaven, so you guys will be saving on shipping. If he has some extras I will bring those too for anyone interested in purchasing them.

[Edited by Ray Lobato on 01-08-2001 at 12:48 PM]

Back