turn signal flashing fast - ideas? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

turn signal flashing fast - ideas?

Alright.. I know that my turn signals flash really fast when I have a bulb out.

Well here is the catch, I don't.

My X is a 1995 XLT 4wd

I have put in Hyper White LED's in for my turn signals the 3157 bulbs.
These use less power apparently than traditional bulbs. Well, now my truck thinks that I have a turn signal out, and my turn signals are too quick and it bothers me.

Is there any way I can either A) Fool my truck into thinking I have normal bulbs? Or B) disable this "safety" feature altogether?

I really like the bulbs, and I'd hate to change them.
Any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Throw a resistor in there. That's all that kit is. Power-Resistor-LED.

huskyfan23 said:
Throw a resistor in there. That's all that kit is. Power-Resistor-LED.

Or that :D

Ok so for all of my turn signals I would need 3 sets of these?

2 for each set of blinking bulbs? and for all of these, I will have to splice the wires and wire it in, correct?

Check out http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=CAR scroll down for the "Load Resistor Kit" you'll need 2 total, one for each LED in your turn signals. 4 if you use them up front too.

Solved my problem in my fiancee's taurus which did the SAME thing your's is doing, and is why I'm getting four with the LEDs I just purchased from superbrightleds.com tonight.

Go to the site Rob posted. I did, and it gives you a brief discription of how to. Very cheap also.

If i put LED's in the rear will it do the same thing?

Also, why wouldn't I need 6 resistors altogether.. Each front corner assembly has two 3157 blinking bulbs... thats 4 in front.. and two in the rear.. So do I just install it into one of the bulbs in the front and it will work for both?

I'm sorry about all the stupid questions, I just don't want to buy unneeded stuff.

This link tells me that the equalizer on the right (middle somewhere) I can put anywhere on one side and it will do the job? http://superlumination.com/equalizers.htm

Im so lost with this whole thing...

Why can't you just buy an electronic variable load flasher?

I might be way off base, but I think you need ford type 3157 led's.
I think they have the resistance.
I had purchased some gm type, they did that
The ford type led's work fine

Something new? So far as I know they are both 12 volt systems. What can be the difference? The flasher?

Does any1 have pics of this LED mounted on a truck?

Back