• Register Today It's free!

Tweeter Question

Buffalosports

Reaction score
City, State
Buffalo, New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Sport - 4WD

I have Kicker tweeters installed on my Ranger currently. They came along with a component system and they SCREAMMMM. I've never been happier with an audio system, definitely install them where they wont' be obstructed and you won't be disappointed.

But between the two brands, I don't think you can go wrong to be honest. RF and Kicker both make great products (My system is alpine, kicker, and rf and works flawlessly together)

i would say the most important things are the material the speaker is made of and the shape of the speaker, which is either a cone or a dome. a cone will be very very bright and to me is annoying and painful at high volume, a dome is more supple or dull sounding and is less harsh on the ears. as for the material, again a similar situation, a metallic speaker is brighter and sharper whereas a silk tweeter will be softer. i love silk dome tweeters, hate metallic cones. a metallic dome is pretty common as its a middle ground. if you really want to experience the difference go to a place with car speakers and find the ones with different types of tweeters on them and see which you prefer.

Back