U-nuts that hold on bumper cover to bumper reinforcement | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

U-nuts that hold on bumper cover to bumper reinforcement

HI!!!!

I have a dumb question. On a long shot, I'll ask it. Those U-nuts that hold on the bumper cover to the bumper reinforcement on 99-01 Explorers... I need a whole new set due to severe rust. I do not want to use them because my bumper cover is freshly painted and do not want to ruin it or make it look like hell with old rusty u-nuts.

So, where do I get replacements? I tried to go to Ford dealers, but they always want to give me these bigger generics. The ones that hold on the bumper cover are the extruded type. I'd like to visit a fastener warehouse but where I live there's not much around. Anyone have any ideas?

They look like this:

http://www.itwautomotive.com/products/Product.asp?ProductKey=118

Problem is they don't sell low volume...I'd have to order a minimum of 500, lol!

I tried asking around the board for used ones, but nobody seems to be interested in bothering to help me with such a small sale.

Try going around to your local body shops. Seems as though they would use nuts like that.

^^^ Correct.
Our hardware supplier is Au-Ve-Co

Back