UHaul towing with Ford Explorer NOT ALLOWED!!?!?!?!!???? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

UHaul towing with Ford Explorer NOT ALLOWED!!?!?!?!!????

yep the mounties weren't included in that, since they arent explorers in their eyes, even though same platform suspension etc.
Badge engineered to be safer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a front grille to swap into my 98 Explorer, will that make U'haul happy? It's been many years since anyone swapped the Mountaineer front onto an Explorer, fewer think of it these days.

2000 Grille.JPG

Just do it online and put in that you have a 2011 explorer

I have a front grille to swap into my 98 Explorer, will that make U'haul happy? It's been many years since anyone swapped the Mountaineer front onto an Explorer, fewer think of it these days.

View attachment 439387
Haha I actually looked into that as well but I don't think the mounty grills will fit my 04 unfortunately.

i coulda sworn there was an 04 mounty no?

Looking at pictures it seems the mounty grill is shaped a bit differently than the x grill

Looking at pictures it seems the mounty grill is shaped a bit differently than the x grill
I’d be the same as a second Gen, you have to
Change the lights and other stuff. They won’t know an 04 from and 11

Haha I actually looked into that as well but I don't think the mounty grills will fit my 04 unfortunately.
The grille and headlights are usually a matched set. So unless it takes the header panel also, often it's not a hard swap. The 2nd gen is fairly easy among the same years, Ford changed the hood latch in 1998 so the header panel is sometimes part of the swap.

Back