Underdrive Water pump Pulley Installation: 4.0 SOHC | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Underdrive Water pump Pulley Installation: 4.0 SOHC

If Al's still interested, he might want to consider trying one of these water pumps.: http://www.stewartcomponents.net/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=ElectPump
Altough not cheap, these are the absolute best electric water pumps available IMHO. They simply mount inline onto the radiator hose. There's no need to remove the oem water pump impeller. Just disconnect the pulley from the belt. We have used these pumps on dyno test stands where I work. They perform very well and are very reliable.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, very interested. I shall look into those pumps.

Thanks for the info.

FYI, there are electric pumps made for the 302 which have built in pulleys. I don't see a big gain from an electric water pump. I think it would be far better for power savings and not fuel savings.

FYI, there are electric pumps made for the 302 which have built in pulleys. I don't see a big gain from an electric water pump. I think it would be far better for power savings and not fuel savings.

Why don't you test it? I am going to.

I wouldn't for my SOHC work truck, it needs the gas mileage. If the costs for my V8 performance truck wasn't so high, I might. I noticed those for the 302 while shopping for my water pump.

This is one of about 50 Ford 302 pumps available, about five for the short 94/95 Mustang. It's almost $500 though.

Attachments

• 302 electric WP.jpg
    302 electric WP.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 409

Back