uneven drop | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

uneven drop

So the bottom line is any and all, be it castor, camber, issues related to a drop such as bump stops, improper or less than great shocks, cupped tires, makeing sure all suspension aftermarket items are properly installed.
Makeing sure tire inflation is correct (am an idiot about air in tires)can cause problems.
If the poster has had all the proper componants installed after the drop,I:E camber adjusters, I would like to to think tomthecomic has all the info he needs,enough said.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yes you can fight camber however the general 99.9% of driving public whines when their truck doesnt handle like their friends escalade, and finds this quite bothersome.....

my truck has a strong pull to the left, i dont care, it doenst botehr me, and my doors have an inch of movement in shaking... thats what happens when you are going 90 on the freeway with mud terrains that are all jacked up...... when i cross rotate my fronts, it pulls the other way, im fine with it and dont care, however all of my friends that are ever in my truck with me always are like wow, whys it do that, thats not comfortable, i tell them too bad its a lifted truck....

Now thats what im talking about

First of Im from Texas just live in Hollywood. That explanes the attitude.

Thanks thats good info. I spent alot on the alingment got camber and casters, it helped. I have the EE bum stops. I don't think it is that. It sounds like it is not the shocks, good. All I can thik is to lower the rear to 2".

tomthecomic said:
First of Im from Texas just live in Hollywood. That explanes the attitude.

Thanks thats good info. I spent alot on the alingment got camber and casters, it helped. I have the EE bum stops. I don't think it is that. It sounds like it is not the shocks, good. All I can thik is to lower the rear to 2".
Doesn't explain the attitude at all. But that is from a "true" Texan.

But to your problem. I had the exact same problem as you with my lowered 98 Explorer, may it rest in peace. But to come to find out, the new EE sway bar that a professional mech put on, was indeed installed upside down.

fixed

Well I took out the 1" block and put in a 2" block broblem fixed.

Back