• Register Today It's free!

uneven drop

tomthecomic

Reaction score
City, State
hollywood, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 xlt
I have lowered 2.5/1 It is unstable when cornering down hill and if I hit a bump at 80 it moves around a little. I seem to hit the brakes when uther people dont. The only time it rides on rails is when I am turnig up hill. It is like the front is softer than the rear. Do you think it is because the front lower than the front, making it front heavy? Should I lower the rear 2" making it a 2.5/2" drop? Is it shocks I have monro reflex should I get eddlebrock?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

putting an extreme rake on the fornt end will make it handle harsher becasue those are your steering wheels, excess weight up their will make steering a lot harder and increase wear on fornt end parts.

thought we discussed this same topic you posted about 6 hrs ago, if not my mistake

well I modified the post

Well this one is more spacific. You sugjested I had the rear swaybar installed incorectly. The answere you gave me was so stupid, I thought my post might not be spacific enough. Turns out your an idiot. All my problems are in the front. Quit acting like an expert. If you cant help don't post get off your computer. You should be thanking for giving you something to do. I have a situation that could be dangerous. I have a question posted why are you an this site all day?

tomthecomic said:
Well this one is more spacific. You sugjested I had the rear swaybar installed incorectly. The answere you gave me was so stupid, I thought my post might not be spacific enough. Turns out your an idiot. All my problems are in the front. Quit acting like an expert. If you cant help don't post get off your computer. You should be thanking for giving you something to do. I have a situation that could be dangerous. I have a question posted why are you an this site all day?
My response to you got deleated,WHY?
Have a good day, tomthecomic, perfect screename :D

off-road

Thanks, that fixed the problem. How did your post help? Well what is your answere? Come on what do you think? You must be an expert also.

?

spindlecone said:
My response to you got deleated,WHY?
Have a good day, tomthecomic, perfect screename :D

You got me. I did not see or deleat it. I am sure it was good and helpfull, I will not sleep tonight.

thank you

jimabena74 said:
putting an extreme rake on the fornt end will make it handle harsher becasue those are your steering wheels, excess weight up their will make steering a lot harder and increase wear on fornt end parts.

Thank you for your help.

that is not that extreme of a rake.

there could be other problems up front.

in my experience (i've done quit a bit of explorer suspension crap now), i've never felt the sensation your describing... so i'm not as helpful as i wish i could be.

the bump hitting thing though is bump steer, and is to be expected with tha tdrop (i bet you are resting on the front bumpstops)- you will have to trim them, lift the trcka bit and trim them, or remove them completely. (i removed the entire thing right off of the frame)

also, its not the shocks fault- don't change them

You had to have seen it as you responded to it.
The swaybar has been mounted wrong by many, including automotive mechanics (can you provide a pic of your EE bar mounted)
Granted from your discription, you may have a serious problem, but it is not due to the drop, you have a problem elsewhere in your suspension componates.
Could be the bumpstops, but i dougbt it.
If it's excessive body roll and dipping on turns, look to your shocks.
If I pissed you off, am sorry, was not my intent.

if the truck hits a bump and goes sideways- it is the bumpstops hitting

his other issue- who knows for sure. i doubt its the shocks if they aren't 100k miles old.

your caster is off. It is off because of the extreme rake or a misssalignment (quite possible)

boominXplorer said:
your caster is off. It is off because of the extreme rake or a misssalignment (quite possible)
Good point, perhaps also camber, but am certain all was redone after the drop :D

camber wont really cause driveability problems. Caster will take you all over the road when you hit a bump

boominXplorer said:
camber wont really cause driveability problems. Caster will take you all over the road when you hit a bump

camber causes driveability issues..... they may not be as bad as other issues, but still serious... camber can make the vehicle pull and react differently to situations when compared to it being proper and within tolerances

boominXplorer said:
True to a point, until your tires cup, that sets up other issues.
i'm 3 inch dropped all around, camber adjusters, all is within spec, I'm within 2 inchs of front and rear bumpstops. no problems, but I have a trac, maybe the suspension is diff?
Me thinks tomthecomic has other issues :D

spindlecone said:
Me thinks tomthecomic has other issues :D

says he from HOLLYWOOD, that explains the attitude.....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know camber will cause a pull but not like he is discribing. When I did my tortion flip I had to put 255/70r15's on so they wouldn't rub. It was about 4-5''s of drop. The reason I didn't stay there was the caster. Hit a pothole and jump 4 lanes over is not fun. Now camber just pulls, you can fight back with that.

Back