up dating 1991 front sheet metal to 95/99 style | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

up dating 1991 front sheet metal to 95/99 style

O.K. . . .im new here so bear with me if this question has been asked before . .. i have a 1991 eddie bauer explorer that i am putting together right now and i was wondering if anybody knew if i could update the front end of mine to the 95/99 sheet metal. i know i will hafta put in a new core support but are the door/fender style lines the same. will they match up O.K. will the front and rear wheel arches still match . . thanks all :cool:

if you are going to retrofit the front end clip than everything else will fit together fine... also you can order a www.perrysfabnfiber.com conversion kit that is fiberglass and allows the new front end to fit onto a generation 1 explorer with no clip mods

thanks man . . that was quick . . i have priced out all new sheet metal and it is in my price range. so i wanted to make sure it was possible before i plunked down the money for all the stuff to do it. . . .also do you know if i can get away with a 2 inch lift kit for 31x10.50x15's . . i dont want to get to nuts with the lift and tires as i tow my boat with it. but i have a set of new BFG's sittin around do'n nuthing. i was looking at a kit with coil spacers and add a leaves. :cool:

most 31s firt stock.... but tossing on the fi50 spacers and the warriors or addaleaf will make sure they fit...

Back