• Register Today It's free!

Upper intake removal question

cuervo513

Reaction score
City, State
gainesville, fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 xlt
I was trying to replace the upper intake gasket, followed the directions and got stuck. I got everything removed I need to except for the metal hose going into the IM on driver side. It is a 99 EX V6 OHV. This is the only thing that seemd to be keeping the intake down. Thank you in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does anyone have suggestions about this problem?

It's a weekend... most of the gang here is either out working on their Explorer, or out breaking it. :) They'll be back soon to help... I'm personally not familiar with your engine, so I can't be much help... sorry.

That hose should pull out. Once you get the manifold loose, it should spin and you should be able to just slide it out. I had an issue similar to this and it does just slide out once it is broken loose.

Dan

Got it! Thanks, I was just afraid to pull too hard and break something. Just replaced the gaskets and it runs a heck of a lot better.

Got it! Thanks, I was just afraid to pull too hard and break something. Just replaced the gaskets and it runs a heck of a lot better.

lol. I just did this on my 97 and ran into the same problem. I ended up taking the throttle body off too so I could make sure nothing was holding it on... Hung up on that for a while.

Back