• Register Today It's free!

Urgent!

mental_help

Reaction score
City, State
Hazlehurst,GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
the reason it is urgent is because i need this info A.S.A.P. What size battery does my 94 xlt need

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Group 65.

Even if you don't look it up on optima's website or another battery website.
34/78 group 65

Also the standard capacity is 650 CCA, Don't cheap out and buy something with less capacity the that, especially if you have a lot of high current draw accessories. The previous owner of my rig dropped a battery that's rated at 425 CCA in to it, and it does cause some issues for me, I just don't have the free funds to get a new one yet.

Pat

my old battery says 750 cca

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with going higher capacity. If I recall correctly, the standard capacity battery is 650 and the optional is 850, so anything over 650 will be fine for a mostly stock (electrically speaking) first gen X.

Pat

4 D cells and a 9V for the 'pooter....

Oh i tought you were putting them in Uranus!

Naaahhh...that's the Mercury guys that do that.....then they put out Solar Flares to warn of the danger.

hell ya get a bigger battery, i run a 1000 CCA and i love it, i can blast my stereo for hours on end and fires right up every time

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Naaahhh...that's the Mercury guys that do that.....then they put out Solar Flares to warn of the danger.

You just jealous of our Mountaineers you nappy haired 'ho :p:

Back