jwrezz

Elite Snow Shoveler
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Parsippany, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 XLT
I replaced my P/S pump this weekend, un-related you may think but in the process...

I broke the green vac line that goes from the electronic vac control to the EGR valve. They are hard plastic lines, this one merges w/ the red one, and the white one that go to (I think) the cruise control (red) and the evap/fuel recovery stuff (white). It seems impossible to just separate the green one from the others. Do I have to go buy a complete vaccuum line set? Maybe just put a piece of small rubber vac line between the 2 broken sections of green line? Has any one had to replace these? Thanx for any help

bump

Depending on where you broke the green one, you may be able to remove the nub still stuck in either boot and reuse the remaining vac line.

I broke both the red & green lines real close to the EGR vacuum regulator a while back, and after going to ford (doesn't have it) AND autozone (doesn't have it) AND carquest, the carquest guy showed me that i had enough line remaining to get it to work. I was able to pull out the nub from the rubber boot and stick the lines in.

I also considered taking the whole line out and replacing it with 1/8" vacuum hose, using some of the vacuum tubing to reconnect it to wherever it goes.

Don't waste time going to store after store - you'll just need to fab something up.

Good ideas, all of them. Unfortunately, my pass. side hub assembly went suddenly today. But after that's replaced (hope tomorrow) I'll be trying to remove the bit of green tube left in one side, and the rest will reach! If not, I'll be getting a bunch of vac hose (plain rubber stuff) and replacing what ever I have to! Thanx much, Buffalo!

Back