vacuum hose broke

92302expo

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lufkin, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Expo xlt 4x4 5.0
After i got my trans in, i noticed this vac hose was broke off and for the life of me i can't find were it goes can someone please help me out? also i just can't wrap my head around the vac diagram

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I can't see the pic (work computer) but guessing maybe you're talking about the one for the vacuum modulator. The only vac line that goes to the transmission is this one. It runs from the vacuum tree on the upper manifold, to a metal tube which has a bracket bolted to the manifold, down to the passenger side of the trans where the metal tube turns to a rubber tube, which attaches to the nipple on the vacuum modulator on the passenger side of the trans. It is tough to access from underneath but you can easily access the modulator through the access panel in the floor.

no the vac modulator is hooked up, its the t fitting by the vac reservoir on top of the heater box

Oh... hopefully someone more helpful will chime in. If I recall correctly there is the vac reservoir which goes to the Tee, and the tee has a supply vac line and a line that goes through the firewall into the dash for a vacuum actuator. Think on some models there was another vac actuator in the engine bay but not sure...

That's the supply to the accumulator; it goes to the vacuum tree.

It is routed around the back of the intake and connects to the back of the tree (kinda hard to see)

The rest of it is probably pinched between the bell housing and the block. Ooops! :(

Back