• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Valve Body Seperator Plate

rob2337

Reaction score
City, State
Montreal
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 XLT 4x4
Will the revised separator plate with bonded gaskets 1L5Z-7Z490-EA work on a 1995 4r55e transmission?

I think I blew out my separator gasket, and the listing for 1995 seems to only have the seperate gaskets not the bonded one.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

rob2337

Reaction score
City, State
Montreal
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 XLT 4x4
Can anyone confirm that the valve body and separator plates and gaskets are the same for all 5R55E 4R55E 4R44E??

I need to place an order at my dealer for a plate with bonded gaskets, except for 1995, there is no bonded plate listing.

rob2337

Reaction score
City, State
Montreal
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 XLT 4x4
I know, I already had it. But if you look at 1995 it has only a listing for a non gasket bonded separator plate.

I think all the 5R55E 4R55E 4R44E are the same, but ford has a different part number for every year and model???

I want to get the better bonded plate, but according to the TSB, it doesn;t exist in 1995.

BrooklynBay

Moderator & long time member.
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars