vapor return and test port / vapor managing valve to engine | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

vapor return and test port / vapor managing valve to engine

coolchris

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 xlt
hey guys, well when we did my body lift a few months back we snapped this plastic valve thing that connected 2 hoses and we thoguht it was for the AC, so i pulled off the hoses (prolly a dumb move) and just stopped using the ac until i would have time to get it fixed. well its finally time to get the ac fixed and i need to get the part number and or name of this broken part from ford. so i go to the dealer and show him the broken part and find out that it wasent from an AC hose at all... the piece is called a "vapor return and test port / vapor managing valve to engine" now im worried that i might have caused some damage having this hose disconnected for a few months and it sounds like it could be important. im going to be taking my explorer in for a lot of maintence to be done soon.... what should i do about this valve problem besides replace the valve? how can i tell if i caused any damage and how would i fix it if i did?

I seriousley doubt you could have hurt anything in the engine running it with the valve broken, its for the evaproative canister (part of the emissions) and has no direct effect on the engine. Fix it and forget it.

Yeah has nothing to do with a/c. Mine was disconnected for months and made no noticeable difference in engine performance at all.

Back