mingo1223

Reaction score
City, State
berwyn,il.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer Platin
Callsign
JRS. DAD
when i drive my 2016 Explorer and i start to slow down or stop i some times get a vibration like grinding from center of car then my distance sensors go off showing im too close to objects and im near nothing
I think its trans to front passenger shaft does any one else have this problem i take it repair shop and they tell me nothings wrong
Need help in Berwyn

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This particular issue has not been brought up before. I don't see how a suspected bad shaft would trigger those sensors but stranger things have happened. I would take it to the dealer or an independent garage and have them check it out in case it could be something more serious. If you are concerned about nothing being found, I suggest that you take a mechanic along for a short drive. That is if it can be easily duplicated. If it is very intermittent, then it may be more difficult to locate the problem. Is your Explorer FWD or AWD?

Peter

This particular issue has not been brought up before. I don't see how a suspected bad shaft would trigger those sensors but stranger things have happened. I would take it to the dealer or an independent garage and have them check it out in case it could be something more serious. If you are concerned about nothing being found, I suggest that you take a mechanic along for a short drive. That is if it can be easily duplicated. If it is very intermittent, then it may be more difficult to locate the problem. Is your Explorer FWD or AWD?

Peter
Thanks

Peter
Awd

My Explorer is an AWD and it happens only when slow braking

Back