Wanted -1997 or 1998 Variable induction system | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wanted -1997 or 1998 Variable induction system

2000StreetRod

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Greenville, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Sport FI, 03 Ltd V8
I want to purchase a complete 1997 or 1998 SOHC V6 variable induction system to compare performance with my 2000 induction system. I need the upper intake manifold, the vacuum reservoir that mounts between the upper and lower intake manifolds, the vacuum motor with actuating lever, the vacuum regulator/solenoid and its associated connector with wiring pigtail.
VIS.jpg

VISintake.jpg

VISintakbtm.jpg

I need the vacuum regulator connector and pigtail to use an RPM switch to activate the VIS since my 2000 PCM does not support VIS. No ported intake manifold please. Also, no cracks or broken off pieces.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have just about everything your looking for, check my 98 sport part out thread for pics

I've got a full '97 engine and harness at work. If no one comes up with what you need by then, shoot me a PM with whatever you need.(And to remind me. :D )

engine harness

I've got a full '97 engine and harness at work. If no one comes up with what you need by then, shoot me a PM with whatever you need.(And to remind me. :D )

Thanks so much for the offer but I'd hate to have you destroy a full harness that you could sell on ebay for at least $75 just for the one connector and pigtail. I sent ped5stang an email hoping that he has what I want.

Thanks so much for the offer but I'd hate to have you destroy a full harness that you could sell on ebay for at least $75 just for the one connector and pigtail. I sent ped5stang an email hoping that he has what I want.

Dont worry about it. I cut the main engine-to-chassis connector off it when I did my SOHC EEC-IV swap. Let me know if ped5 doesnt come up with what you need.

Back