Went to the dyno and track! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Went to the dyno and track!

This weekend I went to the dyno on friday. The only thing I have changed since the last time was my intake. I changed to the Edelbrock Victor 5.0. We put it on the Dyno and it made 540 hp and 615 tq with no NOS. That is 20 hp and 75 tq more than last time. I was happy. I then put it on the trailer and took it to the track at Bradington FL for the NMRA race.
I got there late on Saterday because of some bad timing and problems. Nothing to do with the car. I ran it on drag radials. These tires hooked last time I went to the track with 480 hp and 490 tq. That time I went a 13.0 at 100 but the car was not tuned right and the tranny was broken so I ran crappy. This time all hell broke loose. I got to burn out box and did my burn out. When I got to the line and the light tuned green I gave it throtle and it started to spin bad. I stayed in it and it hit the rev limiter at 6000. I was told it shot 3 foot flames out the exhaust at that point. I shifted 2nd and it still was spinning. People said there was billowing smoke comming from the tires at this piont. I short shifted 2nd and when it got to 3rd it hooked and took off. At this point I was 100 ft back of the guy next to me. I felt myself being pushed back in my seat as I watched the spedo shot up at an amazing rate. The distance between him and I was getting closer and closer and by the end of the track I had pasted him with a horrible 13.75 at 114. I was pissed and that was the last run of the day. I only got one run and did not want to stay untill Sunday to get more so I packed up and went home.
Next time I am going to bring slicks and see if I can break an axle or two. I may go this week to Morosso drag strip and this time I will be prepaired for the 615 ft of torque. I will post more stories soon. Keep posted.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What a horrible way to end a story... it would have been better if you said you ran 10's or something.. LOL jk

HOLY S**T .... thats some serious S**T

troll = explorer god!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck next time!!!! what i would give to see a video of this or something... are you planning on video taping it?

I just ran these calculations based on a 4500lb vehicle weight which should be pretty close.

Your best ET possible with a "perfect" chassis should be 11.87 second.

The calculator said 531HP which is DAMN close to the actual output.

Good job!!

You can find the calculator here: http://www.corral.net/tech/brakehp.html

This is accurate stuff. The ideal ET can only be reached with the "perfect" chassis though.

That's incredible man...

Congrats on the new stats, and even though you "only" got a 13.75 at 114 :)eek: ), 3 ft. flames out the exhaust and spinning till 3rd is something I would only dream of in my X...and applaud you for making happen...

You never fail to impress me, that's for sure...I'm with ChuckyD, when do we get to see Troll, the movie?

Keep up the great work, I'll be watching to see the new 1/4 time...

Troll,
Let us know next time you're in Bradenton - it's only an hour and a half from here - I'll be glad to do the filming!

Jon

well it is my fault he only got one run in and was not prepared but stuff happens. keep in mind that with spray it should go alot faster. also i dont think we will get any videos until troll buys a darn video camra.

Originally posted by blk mk8
also i dont think we will get any videos until troll buys a darn video camra.

You should by it for him! :rolleyes: :D

he can buy his own toys if he wants i dont need to do that for him. i payed for his hotel room and his 85 track and entrence fee as well this week end so no more free bees. after discussing it to day we belive that there is another 60 hp in just leaning it out because it was way to fat on the dyno and we where just playing it safe for the sake of not messing any thing up. well with that in mind we are hopping to go to the track on wensday and go a 11' something with a new pair of 28x10 inch slicks.

No Camera?

Heck the guy spends like 30k on his truck and doesn't have a camera to show it all off?:) Damn, thats the first thing I would be doin. Nice story, keep up those amazing numbers!

Well I was going to go to the track with Troll, and BlkMk8, but had a long fri night...
Anyway I will film if they go to the track on Wed I have a digital Video camera. and will post videos of his awsome truck.

we spend on money on the most important area's like all the parts that make it go fast all the rest is just a waist most of the time.

i would be willing to bet you guys have enough fans on this board that everyone could pitch in $10 and get you one. lol

do you ever use the nitrous at the track?

well we are bring the truck to the track to night on a brand new set of 28x10.5 inch slicks as well as a full bottle of spray so we can spray it this time. i dont know what is gona happen because he does not have all the stuff he needs to go as fast as it is capble of going but we will see what happens. i dont know wether he will break some stuff or whether he will just get kicked out for going to fast but it should be fun.

Originally posted by blk mk8
or whether he will just get kicked out for going to fast

LOL..
i would love to see an explorer go that fast.

well, if youre vehicle runs a certain time in the 1/4 mile at the track, you have to have a roll cage in it. i dont think troll has a roll cage (but im not 100% sure), heh. so, thats why theyd kick him out.

that was some prediction.
he did get kicked out for running 11's without a cage...
that sucks. i guess we'll never know how fast Troll is with nitrous:(

Originally posted by leenjen
that was some prediction.
he did get kicked out for running 11's without a cage...
that sucks. i guess we'll never know how fast Troll is with nitrous:(

sure we will. anyone with the kind of mind to build a truck like that is most likely thinking of the safety equip he needs RIGHT NOW to run his truck that fast ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

That's incredible, I'm speechless!

Congrats, go TROLL!

Back