Went to the dyno and track! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Went to the dyno and track!

This weekend I went to the dyno on friday. The only thing I have changed since the last time was my intake. I changed to the Edelbrock Victor 5.0. We put it on the Dyno and it made 540 hp and 615 tq with no NOS. That is 20 hp and 75 tq more than last time. I was happy. I then put it on the trailer and took it to the track at Bradington FL for the NMRA race.
I got there late on Saterday because of some bad timing and problems. Nothing to do with the car. I ran it on drag radials. These tires hooked last time I went to the track with 480 hp and 490 tq. That time I went a 13.0 at 100 but the car was not tuned right and the tranny was broken so I ran crappy. This time all hell broke loose. I got to burn out box and did my burn out. When I got to the line and the light tuned green I gave it throtle and it started to spin bad. I stayed in it and it hit the rev limiter at 6000. I was told it shot 3 foot flames out the exhaust at that point. I shifted 2nd and it still was spinning. People said there was billowing smoke comming from the tires at this piont. I short shifted 2nd and when it got to 3rd it hooked and took off. At this point I was 100 ft back of the guy next to me. I felt myself being pushed back in my seat as I watched the spedo shot up at an amazing rate. The distance between him and I was getting closer and closer and by the end of the track I had pasted him with a horrible 13.75 at 114. I was pissed and that was the last run of the day. I only got one run and did not want to stay untill Sunday to get more so I packed up and went home.
Next time I am going to bring slicks and see if I can break an axle or two. I may go this week to Morosso drag strip and this time I will be prepaired for the 615 ft of torque. I will post more stories soon. Keep posted.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

they kicked us twice but we convinced them we would sand bag it so they let us back in but after the last run they banned the explorer for a year. he will get a cage because he know he can get a 10.90 out of it and then he want to retired as king of the explorers.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

from racing at the track. you have to remember the only real good reasone he took it took the track in the first place was to make a good time and so you guys what it could do. other wise his main concern in life is beating me on the street and driving it to work every day. we have three really fast cars and the explorer will be the slowest so it is not likly we would need to take it racing any ways when we have a mustang and a markVIII to race in.

I ran an 11.65 at 85 mph hitting the breaks at the 330 mark. By my calculation my 7.21 at the 1/8 mile translates into an 11.10. When I get the cage in I will go to another track and go a 10.90 with spray. I can't go back to Morosso because I am now banned for a year. Whoops. I guess I embarassed too many cars last night for them not to ban me. LOL

Banned till you get a cage sure. Banned for a year! That's BS:frustrate I suppose they would rather you make some 11sec passes on the street.

Those tech guys tend to think they are some kind of gods. They get on big time power trips.:shoot:

Congrats on the hyper speed passes!

I didnt know you rebuilt the Mark VIII. I thought it was dead. :roll: It definately looked dead in the pics. By the way, how did that happen?

well he got banned because they had kicked him already and they begged to be let back in so when they when a 11 again the track manager was very mad. my mark was dead but only the black one. i did what every smart crazy guy my age would do take the money and buy a cheaper mark VIII to hack up so as to have money left over. my new car is under construction i hope to have it running about two months. i my goal is 9.80 in my mark although it will be at least a year before i do that i think.

I know Troll, and BlkMk8, because I have a Mark VIII that BlkMk8 makes go fast. (It runs slow now) 13's when I get it running right.

BlkMk8 Wrecked his Mark VIII when someone pulled out right in front of him, this happned in Jan of 2001.

He bought another Mark VIII a silver 97, and is buliding that one with a bulit motor, and Blower.. Fast Car.

The mustang is the one on thier website and that car will be awsome too..

I cant wait too see all these cars running, it will be crazy.

(You beat me too it...)

Nice work there Troll, that thing sounds great. BTW, I got a buddy who runs low 10's ....... IN A K-CAR! For a laugh, you can check out his web site, it's got some other pretty good racing stuff on it also. Keep up the good work, get a cage, and go fast.:D

I know this is old as dirt but the video aint working and I wanna show it to a mustang guy at work.... can anybody upload it or email it to me.... i know one of ya saved it...:D

thanks... sureshot40sw@yahoo.com

What is the status of the troll these days? Last I heard he was going turbo, I think.

nevermind.... I found it.....

snocross1985 said:
What is the status of the troll these days? Last I heard he was going turbo, I think.

That talk has been floating about for over 2.5 years now. Who knows. He better hurry up though because I am gunning for him.

Back