werid start up | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

werid start up

Well stock wire was basically a straight line from alternator to fender mounted starter relay.. with the wires for the voltage regulator of course but those were just taped together from manufacturer and stuffed into a plastic harness so it could be seperated.. realistically just need to replace the larger gauge wire that was fried on the end that was conneveted to the starter relay.. but doesnt look like i can get it anywhere other than a junk yard. . Worst case if junk yard is picked clean.. how can i make my own...
Hello. Was your problem solved by replacing the wires or does it occur periodically? The fact is that on my truck with a manual transmission it’s absolutely the same. I cleaned all the contacts, I replaced the starter relay which is on the bottom. The problem seemed to go away, but returned again. Thank you.

Hello , so it took me a while to remember what i did to fix alot of issues lol been busy installing the 3in body lift from performance accessories.. ugh the body blocks ... anyways..

First the electrical. So to shorten the story i was talking to another individual with his help narrowed it to heavy corrosion down stream on both positive and negative wires off the battery along with a blown out fuseable link.

The TPS wires that go back to the harness near the alternator i believe was also showing signs of a bad wire and went ahead and replaced that 1 wire of 3 as well .

The car dying after warm was related to a holes in the brake booster gasket and a few other vacuum lines i didnt see near the transmission.

I also replaced the fuel sending unit and found water in the tank and replaced the fuel filter as well and primed everything making sure there was no air in the lines ..

So far this old gal runs now with no real issues . Hope this helps??

Hello , so it took me a while to remember what i did to fix alot of issues lol been busy installing the 3in body lift from performance accessories.. ugh the body blocks ... anyways..

First the electrical. So to shorten the story i was talking to another individual with his help narrowed it to heavy corrosion down stream on both positive and negative wires off the battery along with a blown out fuseable link.

The TPS wires that go back to the harness near the alternator i believe was also showing signs of a bad wire and went ahead and replaced that 1 wire of 3 as well .

The car dying after warm was related to a holes in the brake booster gasket and a few other vacuum lines i didnt see near the transmission.

I also replaced the fuel sending unit and found water in the tank and replaced the fuel filter as well and primed everything making sure there was no air in the lines ..

So far this old gal runs now with no real issues . Hope this helps??
Partially. I've read a lot of answers here. This is a common problem. I decided to replace the positive and negative wires. The ones on my truck have never been changed. They are original. Thank you for your prompt response. I will write in the topic how I managed to solve this problem.

Back