What amp to run with Alpine Type-R's? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What amp to run with Alpine Type-R's?

Supergumby5000

Reaction score
City, State
Poulsbo, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT
Hey all. got an Alpine Type-E 12 inch sub right now. Found when i bought it that its pretty picky with amps, and only sounded really good with an alpine amp. Now, i plan to get three Alpine Type-R's put in, but does anyone have experience with these subs? I dont know how all the RMS wattage works for amps (the 150X5 RMS crap, confuses me), so im trying to make it simple here. Type-R is pushing 500 RMS 1500 max wattage. Any ideas or experience with a good amp to run with them?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone????

Right now mine is running off a Profile HA700, nothing special, just had the amp from my Infinity sub. I want to replace it with an Alpine amp, either and MRP-M605 or MRD-M605. 600Wx1 RMS at 2 Ohm, just not sure if its worth the extra money for the V12 series amp.

i started looking around and came across either the MRD-M605 or the Hifonics Amps. Dont remember what model the hifonics was, but it was pushing 1x600 RMS at 2 ohms. Both run about the same price.

The alpine amp is very very nice. I was gonna get one of those until I found the little Kenwood I have fallen in love with. If you can't have a fast truck, then you might as well have a really, really loud one.

V-12 it is

I have been looking at the MRD-M605 V12 amps and they are pretty darn nice, i'll prolly have to go with those. They are looking kinda spendy though, and i'll need to buy three of em, so hopefully they will be worth the buck!

i had 2 12" type rs running off a JBL GTO1201.1 and it sounded amazing... cost of this amp its around 280-300 shipped from ebay

That JBL amp says its a monoblock amp? I thought that means it wont connect to more than one sub? Or am i being retarded?

yeah it is a monoblock but it comes with 2 connectors for 2 subs

I've got the 605. I like it.

ss3.jpg

u can see the 2 connections on this pic they are above the 3 fuses.
..%2fproducts%2fimages%2fproducts_large%2fGTO1201_1II.jpg

Back