What did YOUR X run??? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What did YOUR X run???

Hey i've got a '96 5.0 limited. I love racing and need to go to the tracks here to see what mine will run. Well anyways I want to know what your Ex. ran.

State year, engine, and times. 0-60?
1/4 mile?

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sounds stressful, I wouldn't do that, do all of you do that to get your times?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

high 12's, low 13's...

Okay here's what I got friday night at the track.

60 ft: 2.374
330 ft: 6.869
1/8 mi: 10.596 @ 66.27 mph
1000 ft: 13.825
1/4 mi: 16.582 @ 81.74 mph

I ran a few others and they were all high 16.5's-16.6's.

I let my friend drive it one time and you guys should have been there to here all of the other people around talking about my car. It was so funny. One guy to my right said " man those things are so heavy it's not even funny, It'll be really slow." After the times showed on the board he said " well damn..."

But anyways for a mostly stock (k&n and flows, woo hoo) explorer i don't think that's all too shabby.

Here's what i did to get my time.

Before going to the laser i would power stall making my tires heat up. Then proceed to the line where i would torgue stall (that's where you put your foot on brake and rev up approximately to 2500 rpm while still applying the brakes. Just enough so your tires don't break loose.) Then when the light hits green I punch it down all the way, and then let off a little bit because in most cases my tires will still slip.

But that pretty much sums up everything.

hrmm, well theres no tracks here, and I'm pretty sure the atlanta dragway doesn't have an amateur night.

I must suck as a driver..

what did your friend pull? does he drive an X often?

Originally posted by DarkFox1
hrmm, well theres no tracks here, and I'm pretty sure the atlanta dragway doesn't have an amateur night.

I must suck as a driver..

what did your friend pull? does he drive an X often?

Well he got a 16.63. And this is my best friend so he's driven my car a few times.

He's over w/ the Jeep GC community and when he ran his 5.9L he got a 15.2 stock. Now he's lifted 4 1/2 in. so it's prolly a little slower now, but you'd be suprised.

you need to slam the brake down and rev it up as high as you can to get a good time off the line. however, i don't think it will make that much of a difference with your times

Originally posted by expo5.0
you need to slam the brake down and rev it up as high as you can to get a good time off the line. however, i don't think it will make that much of a difference with your times
:D that and I think with the way the Lemoneer runs, doing a brake torque launch will pry blow the crankshaft through the block.:p So Darkfox, I wouldn't try it

dont hafta worry about that :) I wont be trying it heh

16.34 in the 1/4

And this was apparently with really bad sparkplugs, a filthy intake plenum and IAC, and the full time 4wd, as well as not knowing the tricks of the trade to get the most speed out of a start...now I have new platinum plugs, cleaned EVERYTHING, hopefully will have the O rings done by the end of this year, and installed a dedicated 4wd cancel/ 2wd switch!

All I have to say is:

HURRY THE HELL UP, SPRING! I HAVE A DATE WITH THE TRACK! :D :bounce: :D

What she, and a bunch of us did recently, was place a relay inline with the wire that activates the clutch that engages the front wheels on the transfer case (Brown one under driver's seat). This way auto 4wd never kicks in (if the switch is off) and it's also cool 'cause it gives us 2wd low (fun for burn outs w/ 33"s)

off topic- LowdPypes, did you sell black box yet? I remember seeing it on Ebay - did you get any bidders for it?

place a relay inline with the wire that activates the clutch that engages the front wheels on the transfer case (Brown one under driver's seat).

Glad Matt's here to save my bacon ;) I was messing with my brakes the entire time that Lizard was putting in that switch and I didn't actually see what he did :D

How is the Blackbox ordeal going, Pypes?

Originally posted by SaleenEXP
off topic- LowdPypes, did you sell black box yet? I remember seeing it on Ebay - did you get any bidders for it?
not yet. hopefully seeing him on friday

DARKFOX

There is, it is called fast friday grudge nite, i think that there is a track in Savannah as well and somewhere around Statesboro. The ricer club here goes to somewhere around us. The last 2 tracks are alot closer to you too, that would be one hell of a drive all the way to 50 miles above Atl. to drag.

i ran a 16.6 @79

Back