What do I do????

AlaskanJack

Elite Cabin-Fever Captain
Reaction score
City, State
Centralia, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 , 93 & 01 Sports
Ever have one of those days where everything is going wrong and you just can't think clear enough to make decisions. Well that is the kind of day I am having.

Here we go. I have 6K on a new clutch and I am having my tranny swapped as we speak. I never considered figuring any money into a clutch since it was so new. I just got a call from shop and they say that I have a rebuilt clutch installed cause they can see the stickers still on the parts and the flywheel was never turned cause one side is black and needs to be either replaced or surfaced. $366 or $404. I am pissed that the previous shop didn't surface the flywheel.

Can I just get a flywheel or do I need a new clutch etc. What do you guys reccomend I do. Thius day sucks and I just can't think clearly enough to make a decision. I'm on extremem overload.

Hmmm. Seems like an awful lot for a flywheel. I replaced the flywheel on my '93 when I did the clutch and I think I only paid $150 for it from NAPA. I would shop around before I paid $400 to the shop.

well 366 was taking into account new slave cylinder and hydraulic crap. 266 with the 3 month old slave cylinder still being usable.

Sorry like I said confusing day today. I have to run an errand so I will check back later. But it took me 5 days to just get them to get the truck up on the lift and I fear if they take it off the lift it will be a week for them to get it back up.

I went through 4 clutches with the same flywheel, never once did I have it surfaced, you can do a pretty good job with just some sandpaper.

However its never a bad idea to replace the clutch and flywheel..............I have found the clutch gets real picky when your flywheel gets thin, after being surfaced once or twice it needs to have a spacer installed behind it to keep it closer to the clutch......

$366 is tooo much for a flywheel

Back