What kind of milage should I expect, and what do you get? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What kind of milage should I expect, and what do you get?

Reds Eddie

Reaction score
City, State
Macon Ga.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Eddie Bauer
I just got an '03 Explorer w/the Eddie package. It has a 4.0. I just got gas and my milage was 19.08 MPG. Is this normal for these? I drive mostly backroad hwy. Maybe 80% hwy and 20% city.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes this is good mileage. I get about 17mpg 50/50 city highway driving.

The highest I've ever gotten is 14...

On road trips, I get almost exactly 400 miles per tank. That is highway driving with alot of cruise control.

I'm getting anywhere from 15.25 to 18.20 right now with mixed driving. I don't know what caused my 15.25 other then a heavy foot. I'm mostly in the mid to high 16's.

I get 13/17 with a majority of my miles in the city.

I average around 16-18 city and around 21-24 highway.
I went camping in feburary and i averaged about 23.5 mpg per tank.

reds u got pics of ur eddie

Highest ever on highway was 18 and regularly get about 13-15 in city and sometimes lower.

I average around 16-18 city and around 21-24 highway.
I went camping in feburary and i averaged about 23.5 mpg per tank.

WOW....
why is the 06 so much better on gas than an 02?

Running E85 fuel I get about 12-15 MPG, and on gasoline I get about 14-18 MPG.

its how i drive, not the explorer.
My epa rating is 14 city - 20 highway

Want to know my secret, try this on for size.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1908924&postcount=17
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1910139&postcount=30

Here is a link to the original thread http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212577&highlight=gas+saver+pro

Ehhh, I am usually extremely cautious when putting additives in my oil. Has any here ever tried this zmax stuff before?

Essex4x4 seams to really like to market their product, but has anyone else every used it?

Ehhh, I am usually extremely cautious when putting additives in my oil. Has any here ever tried this zmax stuff before?

Essex4x4 seams to really like to market their product, but has anyone else every used it?

A while back I was prepared to give it a try in a mileage evaluation. However, after considerable research into the product, I abandoned the idea.

I personally know of nobody who has tested it with positive results.

So, let me ask you guys this: How is it that my stock 2006 Ford Explorer gets an average of 23-24mpg highway??? I have NEVER had my mileage go below 17mpg, and thats on a bad day.

So, let me ask you guys this: How is it that my stock 2006 Ford Explorer gets an average of 23-24mpg highway??? I have NEVER had my mileage go below 17mpg, and thats on a bad day.

That's what i get in highway. but not in city, soon i'll installing a LPG system, so i'll cut the price almost to half.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

stricter goverment regulations for the 06 then model years before then

Back