• Rabger Cab

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters

Joe93

Elite Dakota
Reaction score
City, State
Colorado Springs, CO
Ok heres the deal I chopped off the top off the explorer. Now I'm having trouble deciding on what to do to finish it off. My original plan was to graft on part of a ranger cab and weld it in and call it good. Well the thing that is really slowing me down with this is My Welding skill are not really what I would call good. So A friend of mine said he would help me with it but he isnt really reliable. So im waiting on him to help me get this done. Also there would be a tone of work to get it to look clean and less like a really bad hack job. Or my other option was to do what Trckmajik was going to do to his old explorer. That is to make a canvas top with a vinyl window. I was going to go this way and scrap the other idea but i keep changing my mind. I picked up all of the stuff to make the canvas top for it for fairly cheap and have all the stuff. So if I go this way i could do this myself in a weekend and be done with it. But I can't really decide on what to do that is where you guys come in. Help me. I like both ways and they would both work for me. Which one looks better. I like that I could remove the canvas for good weather and put it back on for the crappy weather. So here are two pics with both options.

Attachments

• canvas_windowful2.jpg
    canvas_windowful2.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 232
  • IM000346.JPG
    IM000346.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 239

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Canvas is cooler because then you can have the cab open to the bed like a 4 door bronco, easier to grab stuff out of the cooler plus you can still sleep/lay down back there and your bed size is not limited when you fold the back seat down

So I voted canvas, not Rabger

Out of the choices I'd say canvas. I think I might end up doing mine like Russ Rubek did his though. His glass is still functional. I noticed that you have cut your rear hatch in half so not sure that's an option anymore.

IMG_0600.jpg

Hye! My old rig. I am partial to the canvas, but it would be very cool to see the ranger cab finished.

I looked into doing that before i cut up the hatch and I think there would be more work in the hatch then the way I tried. It doesnt just fit in there. I dont know what to do. Im leaning towards the canvas but as usual i will change my mind :confused:

That was an option I had thought of also putting a canvas window. Hope You don't mind i stole your pic Brian.

Sport Trac power window :)

canvas, thats what i am gonna do once i roll it. lol mine will be all attached to the cage somehow tho

i vote ragner cab...i dont like open tops..but thats me..i'm sure it will look great anyway you decide.

yea what froader said ranger cab and then put the canvas over the rest and be done thats what i would do but thats me ? good luck

ranger cab with a tonnu cover. Badass. It is a hard decision caus both look sweet and the no top look in nice, but I love the way it looks now, it would be even better all cleaned up and painted.

Back