What temperature thermostat 00 SOHC 4.0 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What temperature thermostat 00 SOHC 4.0

bubspc

Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas Nevada
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 XLT
Hi will engine run normal at 180 deg t-stat or is 192 deg t-stat only to run engine normal? 107k miles, I remove t-stats out of my other 70 and 80 vehicles gas and diesels, 120 deg plus soon here, thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

192/195 will be the correct temp. If you pull your thermostat, expect your truck to get worse mileage, premature wear on the Catalytic Converter.

Not a good idea. If you start overheating this summer, find the culprit. Radiator / Fan Clutch / etc... Truck should have no issue keeping cool.

Ditto. 195 is stock. There should never be a need to pull the thermostat out of any engine in a street vehicle. (Drag racers do it, but they're only running them for a minute at a clip)

-Joe

The 95 and newer Fords have better cooling systems. Unless you alter something, it should keep itself at the proper temperature easily. You can drop to a 180 thermostat for a little cooler running, for your peace of mind if you like.

If your lucky like me, you don't "need" cats in nebraska!

Back