• Register Today It's free!

What the heck is a.....

FHBasketball

Reaction score
City, State
St. Louis, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 SPORT
There is a kid at my work that has a 4.3 liter V6 S-10. He wanted to know if I wanted his glass pack, or glass back, or whatever it is.

I do know it is an exhaust part, but other than that I don't have a clue what it is.

He said it is 17". Aparently he bought new ones, but doesn't need them.

I am always looking for ways to upgrade my X, so if I figure out what it is, and if it will work with my V6, I will probably take them.

Thanks for the help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They are mufflers (and I use that term loosely). IMHO, they are junk, but some people (kids) like them.

that is all i needed to know. I guess I won't be taking them.

By the way, has anyone on here ever done a dual exhaust, all the way back on a V6 explorer???

yup

DSC00043.JPG

DSC00048.JPG

DSC00039.JPG

DSC00040.JPG

just ignore the system, heres what the pipes look like out the rear

216912935_l.jpg

I dont understand the crossing of the pipes.

that system looks really restrictive... and those pipes cross liek that because there jsut inst room for them not to cross...... they had to go somewhere...

looks to me like they should have come out of the muffler about a foot, then split...without the cross.

justin if you were to see how it was under there and knew how much of a b*tch it is to run duals on a explorer sport without ditching the spare...you wud understand.

Jimbo, it really isnt that bad. At that cross is where most of the bends are, the rest is pretty much straight...plus its a SOHC engine aka engine that hates full free flowing exhaust

FHBasketball said:
By the way, has anyone on here ever done a dual exhaust, all the way back on a V6 explorer???

Are you asking if anyone has ever run a true dual system all the way back on a V6? Cause if you are then I dont recall anyone ever doing that.

Texplorer said:
Are you asking if anyone has ever run a true dual system all the way back on a V6? Cause if you are then I dont recall anyone ever doing that.

draft used to have his done like this back before he got gibson exhaust He had true dual 40 series flowies on a 4.0 sohc

I understand that there isnt much room; it just looks like that crossover takes up more room and makes more angles than if they werent crossed. I used to have an Explorer Sport('95 Expedition) with duals, so mine had an even larger spare tire(30") than yours does. But hey, if it works crossed.... keep it like that- it looks kinda cool.

Draft had duals from the headers back?

draft had dual mufflers cat back

Thats just a dual cat-back then, Im talking about a true dual which is from the motor back.

Back