What tire size for 16" wheels with Shackles/AAL and TT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What tire size for 16" wheels with Shackles/AAL and TT

shadowless127

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 EB AWD 5.0
Yes, I read the stickies, but the tire size sticky doesn't give sizes for 16" wheels.

Can I fit 265/75r16's w/o trimming with either shackles or AAL, and a TT?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That tire is basically a 32x10.5.

A 32" tire is a 32" tire on a 15" 16" or even 20" wheel. The same lift is going to be needed to fit it.

That's what I thought but wasn't sure.

Thanks Froader!!

Good luck. :thumbsup:

Quick question. Looking over everything would it be wise to stick with 265/70r16's to avoid having to trim?

Nothing was trimmed on my truck, but I'm on 70's, not 75's.

Not sure if it even remotely means anything or helps visualize the differences, but here are some pics- this is a pic of Deuce with 32's on the stock 15" rims it, TT/Shackles, and AAL:

attachment.php

...and this is a pic of Deuce with 265/70R 16's, TT, Shackles and AAL...

IMG02359-20110722-1942.jpg

...and this is a pic of Deuce with those 265's/TT/Shackles/AAL next to a stock EB

IMG01496-20110206-1426.jpg

Joe - That's a huge help. The 2nd and 3rd pics are exactly what I'm trying to achieve.

I need new tires, figured it's a good excuse to lift :)

Cool. Glad they helped!

I have a set of Superlift torsion keys that I am going to be taking off, do you want them? Cover shipping and they're yours...

Cool. Glad they helped!

I have a set of Superlift torsion keys that I am going to be taking off, do you want them? Cover shipping and they're yours...

What's the difference between using the keys and just cranking the bolts?

The center hole of the key is at a different angle, so with the bolts at a neutral position, the truck is already lifted. You can get more lift that way too.

The center hole of the key is at a different angle, so with the bolts at a neutral position, the truck is already lifted. You can get more lift that way too.

How hard is it to install these for a n00b?

Look up torsion flip. Basically you would follow the instructions for removal of the key, and then reverse that procedure for installing it. It is pretty easy to do, and you and you can do it with a jack, stands and hand tools in your driveway.

I had 265/75/16 Federal couragia m/t's on my 2000, never rubbed unless bouncing over whoops with wheel turned. Id say your safe. Just remember to look for true diameter of any tire you look at, they all vary

Back