Whats a good HID kit | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Whats a good HID kit

The plug with the yellow rubber grommet goes into the ballasts.

The othe rmentioned plug next to the yellow grommet plug should plug into your stock harness depending on what bulbs you have and if you ordered the correct kit

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

still nothing. I had it right, the way u told me to hook it up. All the bulbs are right. What am i missing. Do i need to unhook the battery while i do this or what... its starting to piss me off.
And in the picture those are the low beams. the fog lights wiring is a lil different but from what BrianDye told me i had it all hooked up right. PLEASE HELP... i hope its not the product. it took 2-wks to get here.

Do u think maybe it could be Reverse Polarity???
im just throwing options out there

fix the problem. ill post pictures once i get a chance.

Got a quick question on where to mount the ballast. I took a look under the hood and couldnt see a clear space to mount my ballast. I have a roll of double sided tape to mount the ballast. Pictures of where anyone mounted theres would be amazing.

Just what I needed for clarification. Ordered a 35 watt kit for the low beams. When I really thought about it, I rarely every use my high beams so I opted out of ordered them. 76 bucks with free shipping for my fogs and low beams. :D

BnUzc.jpg

I used VVME and ordered the 35w 12k bulbs w/ relay harness(Get it)

I love the purpleish color it gives me, i wish there was a proper projectors for the explorer, sadly i think ill be selling my explorer though

So my 6000k bulbs are a bit more blue than I like. It is very subtle but it is a bit annoying. My last car had the same kit with 6000k and they had no blue. I am thinking I might have been supplied with the wrong bulbs.

It really varies from kit to kit I've noticed, my current kit is 6000 and theres basically no blue at all. Ive had 10,000k kits that were crystal white, and an 8000k kit that looked as if I had blue leds for headlights.

Back